Food Services Supervisor - Worcester, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
With the belief that they were there when we needed them, so we must be there now that they need us, Veterans Inc., the largest provider of supportive services to Veterans and their families in New England is seeking to fill the Food Service Supervisor position and become a valued member of the Veterans Inc. team!
Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, the Food Service Supervisor is a key member of the Operations Team and is is responsible for providing supervision to the Food Service staff and to ensure adherence to agency policies, procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations on the safe storage, prep and delivery of food and beverages.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY:
- Daily oversight of the planning, preparation, service, and delivery of meals for program participants and staff at several locations.
- Includes some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring all preparation is complete for approximately 300 meals per day. Accommodate diet restrictions as needed.
- Meet departmental goals by decision-making process, delegating tasks, and analyzing quality cost control.
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development.
- Prepare Food Service Department budget for review and approval by the finance office.
- Responsible for the oversight and all duties related to the food pantry.
- Serve as the organization's point of contact for activities involving any Food Service and meal activities during all special functions. Oversee and run any special event food needs.
- Ensuring that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Coordination and supervision of department regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control; staffing; employee training to include coordination of personnel assignments in order to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Conducting periodic inventory checks and perform other functions such as maintaining records to comply with Veterans Inc., government, state and local standards.
- Ensure "clean" inspection reports from Health Dept., City and County by overseeing effective cleanliness and sanitation throughout the Food Service Department.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality or service.
- Represent the agency at various meetings and functions.
- Direct and oversee volunteers working in the food line.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts, Foods and Nutrition, Food Sciences, or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant, documented food service experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of leadership, supervisory or management experience required.
- Serv Safe Manager and Allergen Certification are required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI/Background records check.
- Compliance with Veterans Inc. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Religious and Medical Exemptions are considered.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package for FT employees includes:
- BCBS Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance.
- $2000 Medical Opt-Out program if you have medical coverage through another source.
- Retirement Plan (403B) with a $2000 Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Parental Leave
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume as we are limited to only accepting completed applications through our career page. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed.
Veterans Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. If you need assistance completing an application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Agencies are requested not to contact Veterans Inc. with recruiting inquiries.
FoodView all jobs at Veterans Inc.