Employment & Training Specialist- Concord NH
Veterans Inc., the largest provider of services to veterans and their families throughout New England, is looking for a professional, highly motivated, goal oriented, skilled, and hardworking individual to fill the part time Employment & Training position and become a valued member of Veterans Inc. team!
This individual is responsible for client assessments, career/employment training, career/employment counseling and advocacy, outreach for homeless/at-risk veterans, attending networking events and career/employment fairs, and establishing/maintaining positive professional relationships with local employers. Additional residential duties will include greeting visitors who enter the facility, ensuring that residents comply with all rules and regulations in accordance with policy and procedure standards; assisting with the overall upkeep and maintenance of the facility.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAY TO DAY:
- Performs initial intake and assessments of all veterans for acceptance into Veterans Inc. programs.
- Develops individualized service plans based on veterans input, interests, and needs. Coordinates veterans' participation in the agency programs.
- Assists veterans with researching and accessing needed services including VA benefits, employment training/placement , educational support, counseling, housing, medical services and other public benefits such as health care services, daily living services, personal financial planning services, transportation, fiduciary and payee services, legal services, child care, housing counseling services, and temporary financial assistance.
- Tracks and reports case management progress through case notes and conferences with Regional Manager and coordinates with all funding sources.
- Completes record keeping/documentation responsibilities and compiles data for monthly reporting into the agency database.
- Conducts outreach activities to market Veterans Inc. programs and engage new referral sources.
- Understands all Department of Labor's (DOL) Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program (HVRP) functions and initiatives.
- Understands the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) functions and initiatives.
- Actively markets and recruits to a variety of community groups.
- Assists veterans in developing individual training plans that will fit their specific needs and skills to update, or retrain, for the current labor market; develops and maintains strong and collaborative working relationships with employers, careers centers, veterans services agencies, etc. to provide a smooth transition for veterans being reintegrated into the workforce.
- Organizes and presents job readiness workshops and develops other support services (interviews skills, resume writing, etc.) tailored to meet the unique needs of veterans.
- Creates and maintains information on the various retraining options available for veterans.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Social Work or other related field required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in Human Services, Vocational Rehabilitation, Counseling, Social Work or relevant area required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI/Background records check
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to follow verbal and written communication;
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality and respect privacy.
- Ability to market Veterans Inc. programs to the community and veteran clients to potential employers;
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing situations, meet deadlines, and work under pressure;
- Ability to resolve problems within scope of responsibilities;
- Ability to exhibit excellent organizational and case management skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package for FT employees includes:
- BCBS Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance.
- $2000 Medical Opt-Out program if you have medical coverage through another source.
- Retirement Plan (403B) with a $2000 Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Parental Leave
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume as we are limited to only accepting completed applications through our career page. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed.
Veterans Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. If you need assistance completing an application please contact email@example.com.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Agencies are requested not to contact Veterans Inc. with recruiting inquiries
Veterans Inc.Concord, NH
BusinessView All Veterans Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.