Employment & Training Case Manager - Western, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Veterans Inc., the largest provider of services to veterans and their families throughout New England, has recently started offering services in Montana and North Dakota. We're looking for a professional that is highly motivated and goal oriented to fill the Employment & Training Case Manager position for the western North Dakota region, and become a valued member of Veterans Inc. team!
Employment & Training Case Managers reintegrate homeless and at-risk veterans into meaningful employment as well as addressing the complex barriers they are facing. This team member will be responsible for client assessments, career/employment training/counseling/advocacy, outreaching to locate homeless/at-risk veterans, attending networking events and career/employment fairs, and establishing/maintaining positive professional relationships with local employers. This individual will be supporting the approach of meeting the veteran "where they are at."
This individual would be working from home but must be based out of Western North Dakota. All duties would be performed throughout the designated territory's surrounding cities and towns within the state.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAY TO DAY:
- Daily functions include job coaching, resume building, job searches, and mock interviews.
- Performs initial intake and assessments of all veterans for acceptance into Veterans Inc. programs. Assists veterans in developing individual training plans that will fit their specific needs and skills.
- Tracks and reports case management progress through case notes and conferences with the manager, completes record keeping/documentation responsibilities for monthly reporting into the agency database, and coordinates with all funding sources.
- Assists veterans with researching and accessing any needed services they may be eligible for from public sources or the VA.
- Conducts outreach activities to market Veterans Inc. programs and engage new referral sources. Coordinates internal referrals to other Veterans Inc. programs and community-based homeless service providers.
- Understands all Department of Labor's (DOL) Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program (HVRP) and Call of Duty Endowment (CODE) functions and initiatives. Understands the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) functions and initiatives.
- Develops and maintains strong and collaborative working relationships with employers, careers centers, veterans services agencies, etc. to provide a smooth and timely transition for veterans being reintegrated into the workforce.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Social Work or other related field required. Military experience could be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of two years experience in Employment Training, Vocational Rehabilitation, Recruitment, Counseling, Outreach/and or Services to the Homeless, or related field, is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with veteran population preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to pass a CORI/background records check.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Comprehensive Benefits Package for Full Time employees includes:
- BCBS Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance.
- $2000 Medical Opt-Out program if you have medical coverage through another source.
- Retirement Plan (403B) with a $2000 Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Parental Leave
For more information or to apply now- please visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume as we are limited to only accepting completed applications through our career page. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed.
Veterans Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. If you need assistance completing an application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Agencies are requested not to contact Veterans Inc. with recruiting inquiries.
HealthcareView all jobs at Veterans Inc.
Get fresh Veteran Service jobs daily straight to your inbox!