Veterans Inc., the largest provider of services to veterans and their families throughout New England, is looking for a professional, highly motivated, detail-oriented, and skilled individual to fill the Accounts Payable Specialist position and become a valued member of Veterans Inc. team!
Under the general supervision of the Business Manager, this position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all accounts payable payments and monitors expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Accounts Payables Processing:
- Processes all checks and online payments for signature and payment in a timely manner.
- Process Temporary Financial Assistance (TFA) payments to third parties on behalf of veterans.
- Ensures accurate reporting, evaluating, and processing of payments.
- Ensures proper assignment of expenses to grants and contracts by verifying and managing grant and contract budgets.
- Monitor cost allocation methods and make recommendations for any changes based on spending trends.
- Resolves purchase order, billing, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; issues stop-payments when necessary.
- Enters invoices into Financial Edge, assigns grants/cost center allocation as appropriate.
- Reconciles vendor statement and seeks approval on all invoices and check requests.
- Updates and maintains vendor database.
- Maintains account payable files.
- Maintains list of all credit cards and business account cards held by members of staff.
- Prepares journal entries for prepaid expenses, allocation of payroll taxes and fringe benefits.
- Disburses petty cash after verification of supporting documentation.
- Cross-train in other specialized areas of department. Act as back-up for payroll processing and time and effort tracking process for employees with hours billable to grants.
- Make bank deposits as needed.
- 1099 preparation, processing and dissemination.
- Assist with maintaining accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls as it relates to accounts payables.
- Provide clerical and administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This individual would be based out of 69 Grove Street, Worcester, MA 01605. All duties would be performed throughout the designated territory's surrounding cities and towns within the state.
This is a full-time position with full benefits (health, dental, vision, 403B, paid time off, short/long term disability and life insurance, etc.)
Must be able to pass a CORI and background investigation. Must be able to start within two weeks of receiving a job offer.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization!Veterans highly encouraged to apply!
Please, no recruiters!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of accounts payables, accounts receivables and maintenance of general ledgers.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Ability to demonstrate honesty, integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Make accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, staff, volunteers and clients in the course of daily work.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or three (3) years of related experience.
- Strong skills and experience working with MS Excel is a must.
- Experience with accounting software (CRM, Salesforce, Greater Plains, Financial Edge) preferred.
- Experience working in nonprofit multi-fund accounting, including experience tracking and reporting financial data for multiple grant funders and federal grants highly valued.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Driving: Frequently - Must have valid driver's license and own personal, reliable transportation.
- Sitting: Frequency - Occasionally
- Standing: Frequency - Occasionally
- Lifting: 15 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Carrying 15, Frequency: Occasionally
- Office: Frequency Often
- Outside: Frequency Occasionally
- Worker is not substantially exposed to adverse or hazardous environment conditions.
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!