To be further considered for this position, please apply through the following link:
General Job Summary:
Assist providers and veterans on exam days in any manner needed remotely via phone and email; perform reminder calls to veterans and providers prior to exam days. Follow up with providers on report submission, attendance of veterans to exams, availability of dates from providers for exams. General problem solving in a solutions-oriented manner for both providers and veterans. Update case statuses as available. Work with international team on scheduling, creating and mailing (and emailing) appointment letters to veterans and supplies to overseas providers. Must possess the desire to assist our wounded veterans with a caring, positive, and patriotic attitude.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Provide information to the providers (worksheets/HX forms/day/face sheets), and ask if they need any assistance with anything from VES;
2) Document and update OMS comments for everything you do pertaining to veterans and providers;
3) Keep all veterans information private and confidential;
4) Make reminder calls or emails to veterans;
5) Always be courteous and respectful; and
6) Assist international team with scheduling, appointment letters and DX uploading, as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Answer phone calls from medical providers;
2) Frequently utilizes computer, telephone, e-mail and e-fax;
3) Communicate and assist other departments in a collaborative effort to expedite cases;
4) Work effectively within a team dynamic;
5) Adapt to new instructions, requests or procedures as provided;
6) Maintain a high sense of urgency at all times; and
7) Other duties as assigned.
1) Intermediate knowledge of pertinent medical terminology;
2) Advanced verbal and interpersonal skills;
3) Advanced written communication skills, to include excellent grammar;
4) Advanced reading and comprehension abilities;
5) Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented;
6) Advanced multi-tasking skills;
7) Advanced organizational and prioritization skills, with strong ability to meet strict deadlines;
8) Proficient typing skills; and
9) Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, general internet research, and beginner knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
1) Casual office environment, with some exposure to mild noise from office equipment and moderate noise generated by staff members;
2) Frequently utilizes phone, fax machine, computer, printer, and copy machines; and
3) Occasionally lifts and/or carries materials or items weighing up to approximately fifty pounds.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Veterans Evaluation Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.