Clinic Intake Specialist
Veterans Evaluation Services, Inc. Sioux Falls, SD
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical
Please apply through the following link:
General Job Summary:
Assist providers and veterans on exam days in any manner needed. General problem solving in a solutions-oriented manner for both providers and veterans. Update case statuses as available. Must possess the desire to assist our wounded veterans with a caring, positive, and patriotic attitude.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled exam;
2) Display snacks/water/flags/veteran material in the provider’s waiting area and post VES signs in the door;
3) Greet each veteran immediately, obtain medical history, any diagnostic results or medical records and provide sign in sheet;
4) Provide information to the providers (worksheets/HX forms/day/face sheets), and assist with vitals (weight, height, blood pressure);
5) Document and update OMS comments for everything you do pertaining to veterans and providers;
6) Keep all veterans information private and confidential;
7) Assist the veteran in any way needed;
8) Always be courteous and respectful; and
9) Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Maintain cleanliness of the clinic/per-diem and exam rooms;
2) Frequently utilizes computer, telephone, e-mail and e-fax;
3) Communicate and assist other departments in a collaborative effort to expedite cases;
4) Work effectively within a team dynamic;
5) Adapt to new instructions, requests or procedures as provided;
6) Maintain a high sense of urgency at all times; and
7) Other duties as assigned.
1) Intermediate knowledge of pertinent medical terminology;
2) Advanced verbal and interpersonal skills;
3) Advanced written communication skills, to include excellent grammar;
4) Advanced reading and comprehension abilities;
5) Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented;
6) Advanced multi-tasking skills;
7) Advanced organizational and prioritization skills, with strong ability to meet strict deadlines;
8) Proficient typing skills; and
9) Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, general internet research, and beginner knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
1) Casual office environment, with some exposure to mild noise from office equipment and moderate noise generated by staff members;
2) Frequently utilizes phone, fax machine, computer, printer, and copy machines; and
3) Occasionally lifts and/or carries materials or items weighing up to approximately fifty pounds.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training:
1) High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and
2) One to two years training and/or certification in the medical field preferred; and
3) CPR certified preferred; and
4) Valid driver’s license required.
Veterans Evaluation Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.