Program Data Support Assistant
- $38,537 Yearly
Starting Salary Range: $38,537
Do you want to join an agency that has the honor of serving the best customers in the country-Veterans?
Since 1946 Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) has been delivering the VCS benefit to millions of Veterans enrolled in the VA Healthcare system, the largest Healthcare system in the United States. VCS is an independent service in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) that is Veteran facing, providing reasonably priced goods and services for the comfort and well-being of America’s Veterans.
The VCS Central Office, located at the Jefferson Barracks VA Medical Center in St. Louis, MO is conducting an internal recruitment search for a Program Data Support Assistant in our Inventory & Logistics Division. In this role, you will report to the Chief of Logistics and Inventory Management and play a critical role in the operations of the Division.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Administrative duties associated with the Oracle Retail Merchandising System; ensuring accurate data regarding quantities, item description, item cost and sell, vendor information, etc., are properly entered.
· Based on information provided by the Buyer, the incumbent will be required to create purchase orders and assign products to the proper Canteen for accurate distribution for up to 200 locations.
· Responsible for recognizing and correcting discrepancies to ensure they match the merchandise quantities and dollar amounts in accordance with spreadsheets provided by the Buyers. Will collaborate with the buyer to clarify any questions or issues.
· Greet visitors to the VCS Central Office and direct them to the appropriate office and/or section.
· Direct phone calls to the appropriate office utilizing a multi-line phone system.
· 1-2 years’ experience with knowledge of office automation equipment/functions computers, copiers, scanners, Microsoft Office (including Excel and Word) etc.
· Experienced in operating computer systems such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Possesses effective communication skills
· Must be able to multi-task and work effectively to meet deadlines
Minimum Specialized Qualifying Requirements:
One (1) year of experience comparable to the duties of a Program Support Assistant.
NOTE: Experience must be fully documented on your resume.
NOTE: Participation in the seasonal influenza and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccination programs are requirements for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP). Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment. It is a requirement that all HCP receive the COVID-19 vaccination and annual seasonal influenza vaccination or obtain an exemption for medical or religious reasons. Wearing a face mask is required when an exemption has been granted. HCP in violation of these directives may face disciplinary action up to and including removal from federal service
HCP for purposes of the influenza vaccination program are individuals who, during the influenza season, work in VHA locations or who come into contact with VA patients or other HCP as part of their duties. VHA locations include, but are not limited to, VA hospitals and associated clinics, community living centers (CLCs), community-based outpatient clinics (CBOCs), domiciliary units, Vet centers and VA-leased medical facilities. HCP include all VA licensed and unlicensed, clinical and administrative, remote and onsite, paid and without compensation, full- and part-time employees, intermittent employees, fee basis employees, VA contractors, researchers, volunteers and health professions trainees (HPTs) who are expected to perform any or all of their work at these facilities. HPTs may be paid or unpaid and include residents, interns, fellows and students. HCP also includes VHA personnel providing home-based care to Veterans and drivers and other personnel whose duties put them in contact with patients outside VA medical facilities.
HCP for purposes of the COVID-19 vaccination program refers to all paid and unpaid persons who work in or travel to VHA locations who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials, including body substances (e.g., blood, tissue, and specific body fluids); contaminated medical supplies, devices, and equipment; contaminated environmental surfaces; or contaminated air. These HCP may include, but are not limited to, emergency medical service personnel, nurses, nursing assistants, physicians, technicians, therapists, phlebotomists, pharmacists, health professions trainees (HPTs), contractor personnel, and persons (e.g., clerical, dietary, environmental services, laundry, security, maintenance, engineering and facilities management, administrative, billing, and volunteer personnel) not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious agents that can be transmitted from HCP and patients. HCP include all VA licensed and unlicensed, clinical and administrative, paid and without compensation, full- and part-time, intermittent, fee basis employees who are expected to perform any or all of their work at these locations. HCP also includes VHA personnel and contractor personnel providing home-based care to Veterans and drivers and other personnel whose duties put them in contact with patients outside VA medical facilities.
Veterans Canteen ServiceSaint Louis, MO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.