Assistant General Manager - Restaurant
- Posted: over a month ago
Assistant Manager – Restaurant
Join an amazing organization that puts Veteran’s first for an amazing career! Earn up to $54,623-58,266 With over 70 years of serving our nation’s Veterans, the Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) is currently seeking progressive Leaders who want to grow with us. We are looking for Assistant General Managers to join our fast paced environment and have a passion for our Veterans and their families. The VCS is a federal agency under the Department of Veteran Affairs and operates cafés, retail stores, coffee shops and vending machines across the country.
You will be trained in the City and State in which you were hired. Upon completion of training, your first assignment will be at a VA Medical Center located within the United States. VCS pays for all expenses related to the relocation except for home buy out.
- Promote great customer service!
- Ensure safe food quality, restaurant cleanliness and sanitation, in stock product availability
- Direct the Patriot Café, Patriot Retail and/or Patriot Brew in the VA Medical Center
- Ensure day-to-day compliance to operational standards
- Inventory control, labor cost, and budget management
- Develops and implements local promotional programs
- Supervise assigned personnel
- Reports to General Manager
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary (varies by location and experience)
- Advancement Opportunities
- Full Federal benefits package (Health, Life, Vision, Dental, Retirement, etc.)
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, and eleven paid federal holidays
- Leadership development and training in our VCS University.
For more information about VCS, visit: https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/jobs/list.aspx?cid=7891
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of direct food/retail management experience
- Proven track record of building sales, increasing profits, staff development
- Prior inventory management, supply cost and shrinkage controls, and P&L management
- Ability to assess business needs and problem solve
- Hands-on leadership with a strong focus on service and hospitality
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with POS Systems
- ServSafe certification required or obtained within 90 days of hire date
- Associate Degree preferred, but not required, in Business, Hospitality or Management
Veterans Canteen Service
FoodView all jobs at Veterans Canteen Service