Assistant General Manager - Restaurant
- Posted: 15 days ago
Assistant Manager – Restaurant
Join an amazing organization that puts Veteran’s first for an amazing career! Earn up to $43,981 - $46,495 With over 70 years of serving our nation’s Veterans, the Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) is currently seeking progressive Leaders who want to grow with us. We are looking for Assistant General Managers to join our fast paced environment and have a passion for our Veterans and their families. The VCS is a federal agency under the Department of Veteran Affairs and operates cafés, retail stores, coffee shops and vending machines across the country.
You will be trained in the City and State in which you were hired. Upon completion of training, your first assignment will be at a VA Medical Center located within the United States. VCS pays for all expenses related to the relocation except for home buy out.
- Promote great customer service!
- Ensure safe food quality, restaurant cleanliness and sanitation, in stock product availability
- Direct the Patriot Café, Patriot Retail and/or Patriot Brew in the VA Medical Center
- Ensure day-to-day compliance to operational standards
- Inventory control, labor cost, and budget management
- Develops and implements local promotional programs
- Supervise assigned personnel
- Reports to General Manager
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary (varies by location and experience)
- Advancement Opportunities
- Full Federal benefits package (Health, Life, Vision, Dental, Retirement, etc.)
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, and eleven paid federal holidays
- Leadership development and training in our VCS University.
For more information about VCS, visit: https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/jobs/list.aspx?cid=7891
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of direct food/retail management experience
- Proven track record of building sales, increasing profits, staff development
- Prior inventory management, supply cost and shrinkage controls, and P&L management
- Ability to assess business needs and problem solve
- Hands-on leadership with a strong focus on service and hospitality
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with POS Systems
- ServSafe certification required or obtained within 90 days of hire date
- Associate Degree preferred, but not required, in Business, Hospitality or Management
NOTE: Participation in the seasonal influenza and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccination programs are requirements for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP). Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment. It is a requirement that all HCP receive the COVID-19 vaccination and annual seasonal influenza vaccination or obtain an exemption for medical or religious reasons. Wearing a face mask is required when an exemption has been granted. HCP in violation of these directives may face disciplinary action up to and including removal from federal service
HCP for purposes of the influenza vaccination program are individuals who, during the influenza season, work in VHA locations or who come into contact with VA patients or other HCP as part of their duties. VHA locations include, but are not limited to, VA hospitals and associated clinics, community living centers (CLCs), community-based outpatient clinics (CBOCs), domiciliary units, Vet centers and VA-leased medical facilities. HCP include all VA licensed and unlicensed, clinical and administrative, remote and onsite, paid and without compensation, full- and part-time employees, intermittent employees, fee basis employees, VA contractors, researchers, volunteers and health professions trainees (HPTs) who are expected to perform any or all of their work at these facilities. HPTs may be paid or unpaid and include residents, interns, fellows and students. HCP also includes VHA personnel providing home-based care to Veterans and drivers and other personnel whose duties put them in contact with patients outside VA medical facilities.
HCP for purposes of the COVID-19 vaccination program refers to all paid and unpaid persons who work in or travel to VHA locations who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials, including body substances (e.g., blood, tissue, and specific body fluids); contaminated medical supplies, devices, and equipment; contaminated environmental surfaces; or contaminated air. These HCP may include, but are not limited to, emergency medical service personnel, nurses, nursing assistants, physicians, technicians, therapists, phlebotomists, pharmacists, health professions trainees (HPTs), contractor personnel, and persons (e.g., clerical, dietary, environmental services, laundry, security, maintenance, engineering and facilities management, administrative, billing, and volunteer personnel) not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious agents that can be transmitted from HCP and patients. HCP include all VA licensed and unlicensed, clinical and administrative, paid and without compensation, full- and part-time, intermittent, fee basis employees who are expected to perform any or all of their work at these locations. HCP also includes VHA personnel and contractor personnel providing home-based care to Veterans and drivers and other personnel whose duties put them in contact with patients outside VA medical facilities.
Veterans Canteen Service
RetailView all jobs at Veterans Canteen Service
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?