Social Worker Program Coordinator
Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Puget Sound VA Health Care System, Social Work Service
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Seattle, WA 1 vacancy
The incumbent wThe incumbent will engage in VA and community staff
education regarding CNH services and referral processes, the
development, evaluation and communication of standards, policies and
procedures, the identification, development, and oversight of
program resources in the community, coordination with community
resources, as well as participation in research, research
Learn more about this agency
- Assists in the development, evaluation, and communication of
- Educate medical center colleagues and/or students regarding the
other VA facilities and community agencies.
- Identify community CNHs, complete initial inspections, and
- Evaluate CNH practices using relevant statutes and regulations
- Notifies the Community Care Program Manager regarding potential
performance improvement activities.
- Participate in research and research utilization.
- Participate on VISN 20 Long Term Care CNH Sub-Committee, as well
- Assumes primary responsibility for management of the CNH Review
- Monitors nursing home performance via multiple community and
as well as the State, and CNH staff reports regarding the status
of Veterans, facility staff, and care as outlined in the most
recent VHA Handbook and guidance.
- Responsible for documentation of oversight, including quarterly
- Works with facility management and staff to address questions,
actions or other imposed actions. This may include face to face
meetings to facilitate better communication and improvement in
care provision. In addition, this will include completion of
investigation reports related to any sentinel or adverse events,
as well as participation in recognition, for cause, and/or
- Responsible for ensuring the reporting and investigating of
updating the incident reporting SOP as needed.
- Functions as a professional representative of this program and
VBA, in contacts with other agencies and the public and at
- Maintains the CNH contract files for each individual facility
and status of community nursing homes.
- Maintain a current list of active participants in the program.
- Responsible for developing a systematic plan for reviewing and
with VA, VISN, VACO, and local facility policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of new CNH
as well as the availability of contract funds. New contracts are
developed in coordination with the facility Contracting Officer
and requires the ability to write a statement of work, conduct
an initial multi-disciplinary facility inspection and
communicate with fiscal services to ensure funds are available
and obligated for this purpose.
- Monitor existing contracts through the following: serves as the
forms/documents; meets with contract staff to ensure that
Veterans are receiving high quality care; serves as fiscal
control point official to ensure the contractor receives prompt
payment on a monthly basis; and conducts and coordinates annual
- As the COR the incumbent is delegated responsibility by the
performance, evaluate work as it progresses, exercise technical
direction within the scope of the contract; inspect and accept
completed work for the government and assist the CO with the
contractor's performance evaluations.
- Tracks CNH data and identify significant findings.
- Data collected includes, but is not limited to, the following:
contract nursing homes, funding sources, levels of care,
hospitalized days, placing staff/location, etc.
- Responsible for the consult management of the program.
- Monitors spending on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis,
- Responsible for management of a multi-million dollar annual
- Provides direct supervision to employees assigned to the CNH
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- #### Job family (Series)
- School Social Workers
- Social Workers
- Social Workers, All Other
- Social Workers, School
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements
within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement,
- Education. Have a master's degree in social work from a
Work Education (CSWE). Graduates of schools of social work that
are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the
school of social work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in
social work may not be substituted for the master's degree in
social work. Verification of the degree can be made by going to
the CSWE website to verify if that social work degree meets the
accreditation standards for a master of social work.
- Licensure/Certification. Persons hired or reassigned to
licensed or certified from a State, Territory, Commonwealth of
the US or the District of Columbia to independently practice
social work at the master's degree level. Current state
requirements may be found on the OHRM website.
Must Demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of the program coordinated, and demonstrated
practice guidelines for the program.
- Knowledge and skill in management/administration, which includes
- Ability to supervise multidisciplinary staff assigned to the
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet multiple
- Ability to provide training, orientation, consultation and
Preferred Experience: Experience must demonstrate possession of
advanced practice skills and judgment, demonstrating progressively
more professional competency. May have certification or other
post-mater's degree from nationally recognized professional
organization or university that includes a defined curriculum/course
of study and internship, or equivalent supervised professional
Grade Determinations: Program coordinators at the GS-12 grade
are administratively responsible for a clinical program providing
treatment to patients in a major specialty, such as Spinal Cord<...