Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for
him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his
orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are
America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team
providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System is recruiting
for a full-time Dermatologist. This position is with Gainesville
Primary Care at the Malcom Randall VAMC in Gainesville, FL.
Learn more about this agency
**Perform comprehensive examinations, consultations, diagnosis, and
treatment of dermatological diseases**
- Aspiration, incision and drainage of cutaneous abscesses and
- Collection, reading and interpretation of KOH, Tzanck smears,
- Cryosurgery of benign and premalignant skin lesions
- Cryosurgery of malignant skin lesions
- Destruction by chemical means (topical chemotherapy) of skin
- Destruction by surgical means (such as curettage,
- Destruction by surgical means (such as curettage,
- Excision of benign lesions (including small tattoos)
- Excision of malignant lesions, simple and complex (including
- Injections (dermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, or IV)
- Injections of small varicose veins
- Intralesional medication injections of cutaneous lesions
- Laser skin surgery for benign, premalignant, and malignant skin
- Nail surgery
- Patch testing (including photopatch)
- Skin biopsies (shaves, punches, incisional and excisional)
- Ultraviolet light treatment (phototherapy) for skin conditions
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Education and length of practice will be considered by a
Compensation Panel in determining the final compensable salary (Base
Pay + Market Pay).
**Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be authorized for a
highly-qualified candidate upon management recommendation and
Education Debt Reduction Program: The applicant (s) selected for
this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt
Reduction Program (EDRP) based on availability of funds, eligibility
of loans and education. EDRP repays education loans for health care
professions in certain hard to fill occupations. Eligible loans for
reimbursement are only those which lead to a degree directly related
to the position. Eligibility determination will be made on a
case-by-case basis. Please contact the Marci Monroe, NF/SG EDRP
Program Coordinator during the first pay period of starting
employment at (352) 374-6014 or extension 116014, e-mail
- #### Job family (Series)
- United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be
in accordance with VA Policy
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements
by the closing date of this announcement, 08/30/2019.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools
approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in
which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part
II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.
Physical Requirements: There are no physical requirements for
providers. They must only be able to practice medicine according to
their privileges, in a manner that presents no danger to themselves
Attention: All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment
in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen
for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to
be tested will be denied employment with VA.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities,
schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal
employment. You can verify your education here:
http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education
to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of
Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit
for that education. For further information, visit:
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an
overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice: VHA
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time physicians at the rate of 26
days per leave year (1 day per pay period).
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have
faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related
positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the
Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for
Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at
VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and
coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for
information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
**IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE
MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Your
application, resume, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be
verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or
omissions may affect consideration for employment.**
NOTE: A formal pay-setting process will be used to determine
your salary. The salary may be at any point in the range listed for
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer
work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps,
AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background checks a...