Physician(Internal Medicine/Family Practice) Community Based Outpatient Clinic
Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Saint James, MO
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in
accordance with agency policy.
- Physicians manages a panel of approximately 1200 patients in
- Each PACT is staffed by a physician, RN, LPN, and clerk. The
- Physicians see an average of 8-14 patients per day during
- No after hours or weekend call required. Moonlighting outside of
Learn more about this agency
Specific tasks depend on the specialty; however, the following
responsibilities are likely to be carried out, regardless of the
doctor's specialty, on a daily or weekly basis:
- examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical
- carrying out specific procedures as appropriately credentialed
- making notes, both as a legal record of treatment and for the
- working with other doctors as part of a team, either in the same
- liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the
- promoting health education;
- undertaking managerial responsibilities such as planning the
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- #### Job family (Series)
- Family Practice Physicians
- Internal Medicine Physicians
- Physicians, Family Practice
- Physicians, Internal Medicine
- United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be
in accordance with VA Policy
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements
by the closing date of this announcement, 10/01/2019.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools
approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in
which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part
II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found
in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: This is a direct patient care position
and may require long hours of standing, walking, stooping, bending,
lifting and positioning patients for examinations. There may also be
extended periods of time sitting at a computer entering patient
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities,
schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal
employment. You can verify your education here:
http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education
to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of
Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit
for that education. For further information, visit:
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an
overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice: VHA
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time physicians at the rate of 26
days per leave year (1 day per pay period).
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have
faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related
positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the
Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for
Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at
VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and
coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for
information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
**IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE
MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Your
application, resume, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be
verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or
omissions may affect consideration for employment.**
NOTE: A formal pay-setting process will be used to determine
your salary. The salary may be at any point in the range listed for
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer
work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps,
AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
- Required Documents
Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this
position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all
documents required for your application, such as a copy of your
transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution
recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for ...