Software Systems Administrator, semi-remote (veteran invited)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Software Systems Administrator position. Support the software that runs the building's technology, implement software configuration and updates, and troubleshoot problems. The position requires a bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of system administrator (bonus for facility technologies support).
Hybrid Work Environment: Position 100% remote currently but job seeker must live within 75 miles of Reston, VA. Working onsite may be required when office reopens.
RESPONSIBILITIES: VETERAN MILITARY
- Install and reinstall software packages and updates on print servers and admin servers
- Implementing Software configuration and updates
- Trouble-shoot the software running on the devices or in the cloud for cloud-enabled devices
- Update systems (usually COTS or SAAS products) using vendor-provided instructions
- Document SOPs (standard operation procedures) for all processes involved in the administration
- Keep the technology functioning that supports the facility
- Work on array of items: printers, interactive signage, and digital signs
- Work on items specific to facility security systems: repair/maintain badging, security turnstiles, retina scan or facial recognition tech for certain areas (training provided if necessary)
- Learn new systems as needed to keep computer-aided facility-management software running to improve long-term planning of space, facilities, maintenance, and services
REQUIREMENTS: VETERAN MILITARY
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of demonstrated system administrator experience
- Ability to trouble shoot, triage, and escalate as needed
- Experience with REST APIs, AWS or cloud platforms
- Experience with SSO services from basic authentication to SAML 2.0, OAuth and OIDC authentication
- Scripting experience – PowerShell, Python and Windows Scripting programming language
- Production support knowledge around cloud-based application monitoring, system configurations and setup
- Proficient in using IT ticketing system (Zendesk, Service Now, etc.)
- Able to communicate with the business partners and external vendors
- Experience with occupancy sensors for available space, network configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Networking and Security (access controls, protocols, routing)
- Ability to troubleshoot communication between different cloud-based applications
- Strong analytical communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a group or an individual
- Self-motivated and always keen to learn new technologies and master them
- Experience in leveraging AWS Services like EC2 Instances, Elastic Kubernetes Services and S3 Buckets
- Good knowledge of Digital and Interactive Signage deployments and configurations preferred
- Experience supporting building technology like CAFM systems and badging systems preferred
- Support of printers, digital signage, and room reservation system also preferred
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.