Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a SharePoint Developer position. Provide end-user support and utilize various Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) design, workflow and management software applications and interface with software vendors for updates and resolution of technical issues. Job requires IAT Level II (Security +CE or higher), 5-8 years related work, and experience with Federal government organizations (DOD, Civilian agencies). Also required are Active Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship.
Responsibilities: Military Veteran
- “SharePoint Evangelist” – Provide technical guidance to customers on what MS SharePoint can offer out of the box
- Provide first tier support in SP problems, troubleshoot errors and develop solutions
- Assist customer users in setting up sites, lists and libraries; configure permissions and access reports
- Collaborate with customers to translate user and/or system requirements to functional technical requirements, report layouts and user interface designs to develop SharePoint solutions and business automation
- Analyze, develop, test, integrate and maintain SharePoint-based solutions plus re-work customer-designed solutions into best practice applications. Maintain existing solutions across the enterprise
- Help maintain documentation on SharePoint architecture, help and training content. Coordinate and actively assist in project planning. Provide structured end-user classroom training as required
- “Governance Advisor” – Mentor customer team members on MS SharePoint best practices and administrative tasks
- Lead patching and maintenance of SharePoint farms, Central Admin app management, & monitor service pack releases
- Assist with diagnosis of all SP-related problems with hardware, software and infrastructure
- Monitor SharePoint server and apps for trouble-free operations. Perform backups and help develop backup strategies
- Ensure that security compliance procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Assist IA team members to implement counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Assist in developing and maintaining system redundancy and fail over plans
- Help document internal procedures to comply with security requirements. Assist to configure permissions & user access. Implement customer-established network policies, procedures, and standards
Requirements: Military Veteran
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- US Citizenship and Active Secret Security Clearance
- DoD 8570.01-M Certification: IAT Level II (Security +CE or higher)
- 5-8 years’ related systems engineering experience
- Experience with Federal government organizations (DoD, Civilian agencies)
- Full-time on-site. May require non-standard shift [0930 – 1800 M-F], plus on-call/ weekend for system downtime
- Computing environment certification that compliments MS SharePoint for IAT Level II compliance
- 3-5 years MS SharePoint, site provisioning, Central Admin management, security configuration
- 2 years Nintex Forms and Workflows developing MS SharePoint solutions
- 3 years designing, developing and implementing MS SharePoint sites for various business functions
- Technical Associate’s, Bachelor's or Master’s in related field OR equiv military training with 3+ years related preferred
- MS Certified Professional (MCP) in MS SharePoint 2013 or 2016 exam (exam 70-331 or exam 70-339 preferred)
Veteran Staffing Network
Why Work Here?VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
We offer job seekers free career coaching and employment counseling, for veterans and military spouses.