Senior Software Engineer
- $100,000 to $130,000 Yearly
Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Software Engineer position with the world’s largest lessor of intermodal freight containers. This is a remote-hybrid role with all work being done in the Purchase, NY office Monday through Wednesday and Thursday and Friday being remote workdays.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of strategic business solutions within an Agile framework. Your primary focus will be on team oriented application development, but you should also be able to solve complex problems with minimal guidance. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, goal-oriented and able to build unique and effective business solutions.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
· Work closely with the team to research, design, and write business software in an Agile framework
· Follow best practices, procedures, and concepts as part of the developmental process
· Work with business users to determine software requirements and system impacts
· Develop scalable, high availability applications, and data warehousing solutions
· Support the application infrastructure to execute solutions
· Create and execute unit and functional test cases
· Write technical documentation in support of applications as needed
· Ensure the delivery of applications remain within budget, schedule, and quality guidelines
Requirements: Veteran Military
· US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred, but not required
· BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience required
· 4+ years software development experience required
· Experience within an Agile framework preferred
· Experience with J2EE or Java application development required
· Experience with Oracle or other RDBMS required
· Experience with performance analysis and debugging tools required
· Experience with cloud based deployment and development preferred
· Familiarity with SCRUM preferred
· Knowledge of unit testing frameworks preferred
· Ability to develop significant areas of business functionality with minimal guidance
· Ability to master new tools, languages and operating systems
· Must be within a commutable distance (50 miles) of the Lexington, KY office
The Veteran Staffing Network (VSN) at Easterseals is a nonprofit staffing agency that connects employers with top-tier military talent and helps veterans and their spouses find meaningful jobs.
Veteran Staffing NetworkLexington, KY
WebsiteView All Veteran Staffing Network Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.