Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Software Engineer AWS & Angular position. As Technical Lead, guide the enhancement of the platform on the AWS cloud and use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and update the application. Job requires a Bachelor's and 8+ years in Java/J2EE and related technologies with solid understanding of design principles.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Be at the forefront of APIs and data disseminated to external public users
- Assess high-level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems
- Serve as technical lead, from a product ownership perspective, in all team Agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Lead development team’s efforts to determine technical needs and business processes
- Provide expertise for teams in matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts with strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process
- Work with product owners and development team members with new features and user stories
- Create or update documentation in support of development efforts (specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams and/or design documents)
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers so each increment adheres to original vision as described in user story and standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Bachelor's or equivalent. AWS Solutions Architecture Certified preferred
- 8+ years in Java/J2EE and related technologies with solid understanding of design principles
- Experience as Tech Lead, providing guidance in design and architect of critical software applications
- Experience with creating customer-focused front-end UI content using Angular
- Hands-on with AWS cloud technologies, including serverless and Beanstalk
- Experience maintaining and designing applications on AWS
- Strong in API development with tools (OpenAPI, SWAGGER, JSON, etc). Apigee experience preferred
- Experience in Node.js, Groovy and Spring Boot Framework and MicroServices-based architecture
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis; application of analysis/design engineering functions; and application of non-functional software qualities, resiliency, and maintainability
- Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques
- Excellent communication skills as well as experience influencing senior leadership
Veteran Staffing Network
Why Work Here?VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
We offer job seekers free career coaching and employment counseling, for veterans and military spouses.