NO Corp to Corp (C2C); W-2 only
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Sr. Network Engineer. Deploy, maintain, and provide ongoing support for Cisco routers and Catalyst switches, to include tier-2/3/4 troubleshooting and engineering (as needed), developing and updating standard operating procedures for network provisioning and maintenance tasks. Must be a US Citizen with DOE “Q” or ability to obtain; DoD Secret preferred.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Deploying and provide ongoing support for Cisco routers and Catalyst switches, to include tier-2/3/4 troubleshooting and engineering (as needed), developing and updating standard operating procedures for network provisioning and maintenance tasks.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to junior staff on the network operations team, and contribute as a lead technical resource on network implementation projects.
- You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of Cisco, Palo Alto devices and must ensure each change to the environment is clearly documented, to include creating and updating all related engineering documents, drawings, and IP addressing assignments.
- Respond to trouble tickets and maintaining Cisco, Palo Alto network devices, this position will be called upon for the following requirements and additional duties:
- Operate in a remotely administered lights-out environment where equipment is deployed pre-configured and out-of-band access via OOB mgmt. and serial consoles is used when necessary during circuit problem determination.
- Develop documentation to improve current network operating procedures.
- Draft configuration change control proposals for submission to the CCB.
- Create and update topology diagrams and associated documentation for each office location and network enclave.
- Install and operate open source software to perform network performance testing and monitoring.
- Demonstrate self-initiative and be able to operate without supervision.
- Must be flexible and able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed to support planned and unplanned network maintenance and troubleshooting events.
Required Skills and Experience: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Must be a US Citizen with DOE “Q” or DoD Secret.
- 12 years of related experience with a Bachelors in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience supporting Gigabit Ethernet switched LAN networks with a working knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), Trunking, LACP, Etherchannel, and Network Access Control (NAC),NEXUS VPC
- Must have understanding of the TCP/IP stack and previous experience supporting heterogeneous LAN, WAN, and wireless networks
- Understand application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD) and their relationship to user applications
- Recent experience in an enterprise or service provider environment deploying, troubleshooting, and documenting LAN and campus networks using Cisco network devices
- Current experience with CISCO Call manager with engineering and deploying Cisco VOIP
- Must have experience or exposure with Wireshark, Ethereal, tcpdump or equivalent packet decoding tools
- Must have proficiency with Linux command line utilities and familiarity with Perl or shell scripting languages to automate configuration changes, parsing log data from switches and routers, generating reports and detecting network traffic anomalies
- Experience with NEXUS VPC configuration, FlexVPN, IPSEC over GRE tunnels, RSA SecureID, and NTP/GP
Clearance: DOE “Q” or ability to obtain ; DoD Secret preferred
Veteran Staffing Network
Why Work Here?VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
We offer job seekers free career coaching and employment counseling, for veterans and military spouses.