Senior Database Administrator - Fully Remote
- $36 to $46 Hourly
Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Database Administrator position. This is a temp-to-hire, fully remote role.
Our client, who is a federal government contractor with the VA is seeking to add a Senior Database Administrator to their growing team. You will be responsible for maintaining one or more complex databases, analyzing the design, development, delivery, or implementation of data solutions to include architecture design, test plans, code, module design development, and testing. You should be able to provide data solution debugging, design and implementation of a solution that follows efficient design techniques, and development that meets and exceed the intent of the design of the data solution. You will also assist with the planning and engineering of the organization’s databases. To perform well in this role you must have experience with Oracle and the ability to design and develop complex SQL queries. The ideal candidate will have experience with Linux, Solaris, and Windows SE Efforts.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
· Maintain complex databases within the VA system
· Analyze, design, and develop data solutions
· Design and development of complex SQL queries
· Provide data solutions debugging as needed
· Design and implement solutions that follow the best practices of the organization
· Implement data solutions such as: architecture design, test plans, code, module design development, and testing
· Assist with planning and engineering of the VA’s databases
Requirements: Veteran Military
· US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
· BS in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline required
· 8 years of additional relevant experience in lieu of the above mentioned education
· Ability to get and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
· Experience with development and maintenance of logical and physical database models
· Experience actively developing PLSQL, DDL, DDM scripts for large/complex data tables
· Experience supporting Linux, Solaris, and Windows systems engineering efforts in system design and evaluation, solution engineering, software development, or system administration
· Experience with database Schema as Code tools
· Ability to design and develop complex SQL queries
· Ability to develop DDL and DDM to support changes to Oracle tables
· Experience with database partitioning and microservices
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies or the software development life cycle
· Experience with installation, maintenance, and administration of Oracle
· Experience analyzing and tuning queries to improve performance
· Experience configuring, integrating, patching and securing Oracle databases
· Nice to have: experience with code reviews on SQL change sets, exposure to security scanning tools, configuring their use and working with teams to repair, experience with ETL and Data Warehousing methods, experience with replication technologies such as AWS DMS or Oracle Goldengate
Hourly Rate: $36-$46
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Veteran Staffing Network (VSN) at Easterseals is a nonprofit staffing agency that connects employers with top-tier military talent and helps veterans and their spouses find meaningful jobs.
Veteran Staffing NetworkEdgewater, MD
WebsiteView All Veteran Staffing Network Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.