Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Data Scientist position. Use your understanding of geographic information science and technology, spatial thinking, remote sensing, intelligence issues, spatial relationships and visualization techniques to create information, characterize events, and discover relationships and trends. Requirements: Bachelor’s and Master’s in related field, 10 years with large or complex data sets, data mining, running complex queries, or tasks in related areas. Also required are current DOD TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship.
Responsibilities: Military Veteran
- Use analytic tools and technique to create structured data environments (i.e. ArcGIS, JEMA-IC/U, MIST, LMSS, data visualization, modeling, systems analysis, and comparative analysis)
- Provide database management using programming languages (i.e. Perl, SQL, HTML)
- Define, execute, and lead complex or technical studies to assimilate and integrate multiple datasets, by applying data science techniques and methodologies
- Apply knowledge of DOD and IC missions to guide the search, discovery, research, extraction, and manipulation of large volumes of data from multiple intelligence disciplines
- Develop and refine existing mission Cross-INT/Cross-Domain data acquisition and assimilation processes. Document those processes in standard operating procedures.
- Apply change management practices to introduce, develop, and implement comprehensive methodologies that support repeatable and scalable Cross-INT/Cross-Domain data acquisition and assimilation operations.
- Pull, compare, contrast, merge, extract, research, de-conflict, extrapolate, and portray data geospatially from multiple NGA and IC databases. Use JEMA, JAVA, Python, ArcGIS, etc. to manage automated workflows for rapid data acquisition and assimilation.
- Develop and sustain inter-organizational mission partnerships/relationships across NGA and/or with NRO, IC and DOD.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze unique large data sets.
- Seek out spatial data from classified and unclassified sources. Utilize tools/methods to tie spatial info to datasets.
- Conduct data mining and retrieval and apply statistical and mathematical analysis to identify trends, solve analytic problems, optimize performance, and gather intelligence. Develop scripts and algorithms, create explanatory and predictive models and conduct comparative analyses to address complex military and intelligence problems.
- Provide excellent customer support, interact with analytic units to understand their challenges, and provide solutions.
Requirements: Military Veteran
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Current DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance - US Citizenship
- Bachelors and Master’s. Majors preferred: Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Geographic Information Science, Informatics and Computing, Information Science, Operations Research, or Statistics
- 10 years with large or complex data sets, data mining, running complex queries, or related tasks
- Experience in system optimization or trend analysis on an operational system, in intelligence.
- Proficiency in applied programming/ manipulation of data with programing language (Python, R, SQL, Java, or other)
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured data sets from various sources.
- Ability to document methods and algorithms used in solutions, and to conceive and prepare data science products.
- Ability to evaluate and assess a wide range of methods, models, and algorithms to apply to a variety of problems
- Proficiency in MS Apps: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, and Visio preferred
Veteran Staffing Network
Why Work Here?VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
We offer job seekers free career coaching and employment counseling, for veterans and military spouses.