Recruiter - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Recruiter – Remote (within DC/MD/VA)
Easterseals’ Veteran Staffing Network (VSN) is hiring an experienced Recruiter to join our fast-paced non-profit staffing firm. We source and recruit military candidates for a variety of nationwide, civilian job opportunities with our client base of employers. We are looking for a recruiter with high-volume, agency recruiting experience in varied industries, who is outgoing and is a thoughtful communicator, and who is proactive and works well under deadlines.
- Creatively source qualified candidates (cold-calling, referral-based calling, professional networking, broadcast emails, internet and database keyword searches, etc.)
- Review and fully understand clients’ needs and job requirements
- Review and evaluate resumes for suitability for various positions
- Screen candidates; assess and select the most appropriate applicant that fit the clients’ needs
- Track all potential candidates in VSN’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Schedule and prepare applicants for interviews
- As needed, assist with candidates’ onboarding process and employee scheduling
- Follow-up with candidates after hiring/placement
- Offer suggestions on recruiting methods; share knowledge and train more junior members of the team
- As needed, assist with job postings and other duties.
- US military veteran, National Guard/Reserve member, or Military Spouse preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. In lieu of a degree, additional work experience may be accepted
- 5+ years of professional recruiting experience, preferably agency recruiting and preferably working within a range of industries
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn new software and navigate the internet with ease
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and Word
- Ability to use a database and specifically a working knowledge of applicant tracking systems
- Must have the ability to sit, use a computer and mouse, and talk on the phone for extended periods
- Highly effective communicator, able to easily relate to people
- High level of comfort with screening and sourcing candidates via phone
- Ability to understand detailed job requirements from a variety of industries
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple tasks without compromising quality
- High sense of urgency and motivation. Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Flexible and able to change focus as our clients’ needs rapidly change
- Decision-making skills. Ability to read people and make a sound judgment on a candidates’ suitability
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work independently; willing to follow through
- Team-oriented, persistent, creative thinker and problem-solver who wants to help others
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.