Currently seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse for Network Administrator to support network infrastructure health at military treatment facilities (MTF), and install and maintain new systems. Bachelors, 5+ years in related data center environment and 1+ years as Network Administrator are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Support the overall network infrastructure at the MTFs.
- Respond to, detect, report, record, diagnose and resolve network faults.
- Install, relocate, configure, modify and test routers, hubs, switches, wireless access points and associated controllers, plus terminal servers.
- Maintain and manage Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs); measure their performance and connectivity.
- Install, test, terminate and maintain cable; troubleshoot serial communication lines.
- Operate and maintain both Network Management Systems (NMS) and Network Operating Systems (NOS).
- Support diagnostics and configuration connectivity of MHS site/service specific servers, such as DBSS, CHCS, AHLTA, MHS GENESIS, DMLSS, operating systems, office automation, and other systems as specified with subsequent task orders.
- Operate and maintain security firewalls/Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices.
- Assist with DHA Infrastructure deployments and technical hardware refresh initiatives.
- Maintain documentation for operations in support of LAN to WAN connectivity.
- Support integration of network hardware and software platforms for WAN/LAN connected systems and medical AISs at MTFs, clinics, etc. as directed by the COR.
- Help users with LAN/WAN service provider. Alert users to routine maintenance impacting circuits.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Current security clearance preferred, but not required.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 5+ years related data center environment (1 yrs add’l edu = 1.5 yrs experience + vice versa)
- 1+ year experience as a Network Administrator
- Security+ certification (or more advanced security-related certification) before start
- CCNA certification before start
Veteran Staffing Network
Why Work Here?VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
We offer job seekers free career coaching and employment counseling, for veterans and military spouses.