Manager of Diversity & Inclusion (Military invited)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking US Military Veterans, National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Military Spouses to apply for the Manager of Diversity & Inclusion position in the Washington, DC or New York office. The Manager of Diversity & Inclusion will have a firm-wide presence, working closely with the Director of Diversity & Inclusion, the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Talent Development, Human Resources, other attorney committees and senior administrative managers to ensure effective implementation of the Firm's diversity and inclusion objectives and strategies including talent acquisition, learning development, retention, and engagement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Diversity & Inclusion Director, Legal Talent Development, Human Resources Department and other firm departments to implement projects.
- Supervising the Diversity & Inclusion Analyst and the Diversity & Inclusion Assistant.
- Embracing the work of diversity and inclusion and promoting its value as an organizational practice.
- Working with the Diversity & Inclusion Director and Specialist, Women’s Initiative Specialist, Legal Talent Development and Human Resources to implement programs and execute events.
- Contributing to initiatives to develop and retain top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- Responding to diversity surveys/industry submissions and providing data for clients' requests for diversity-related information, understanding which surveys and industry submissions our peer firms participate in and working with the D&I Director to determine the benefits of doing so.
- Working with the CDIO and the Director of Diversity & Inclusion on client facing D&I initiatives.
- Collaborating with other members of the D&I team and internal stakeholders to develop and implement D&I focused plans for each practice group and administrative department.
- Serving as diversity, inclusion, and equity subject matter expert; stay abreast of market trends and innovations.
- A bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or JD degree preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- A minimum of three (3) years of managerial experience with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a diversity and inclusion role within a law firm, professional services or corporate environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the diversity and inclusion industry.
- Highly developed project management and problem solving skills.
- Event planning experience.
- Ability to lead effectively while being a team player.
- Professional presence and strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to strategically maintain financial/budgetary information.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic focus.
- Possess exceptional judgement and initiative.
- Ability to define goals and follow though to achieve results.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional client service both internal and external.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Veteran Staffing Network
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Veteran Staffing Network
Get fresh Military Office jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.