Licensed Mental Health Therapist
Veteran Staffing Network Lakewood, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Licensed Therapist with Emphasis on Children. Provide evidence-based treatment to children under 13. The Clinic serves US veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The position requires either a PhD, Psy.D, LICSW, LMHC, or LMFT with 3 years working with children, couples, and families.
- Provide evidence-based treatment primarily to adolescents and children of US veterans. The position may include couples and families therapy as well.
- Perform and document patient's screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and their children/family members as needed.
- Provide children, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the caregiver, physician, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or (Psy.D) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program. Completed an APA accredited 2 internship/residency in professional psychology;
- or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW);
- or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC);
- or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- 3 years working with children, couples, and families; experience with children under 13.
- Knowledge of DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses, evidence-based practice, manualized treatment modalities and measurement-based care. Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment.
- Enthusiasm and passion for evidence-based treatment and targeted, time-limited intervention.
- Clinical skills to conduct brief and targeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Experience or interest in also working with couples and families preferred.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.