Licensed Clinical Therapist or Psychologist (veteran population) - FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as Mental Health Therapist or Psychologist. Provide evidence-based treatment to Veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. Position requires a Master’s in social work; a license to independently practice as an LMHC, LCSW, LMFT, or Psychologist in Florida; and 3+ years clinical in behavioral healthcare.
- Conduct brief and targeted clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members to provide psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Provide direct services including treatment for Veterans and their families.
- Perform and document patient’s screenings, psycho-social assessments, and progress and referral information.
- Provide individual, couples, and family psychotherapy, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborate and coordinate with caregiver, physician, clinic director, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Attend weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Master’s in social work
- Florida license to independently practice as an LMHC, LCSW, LMFT, or Psychologist
- Ability to be a TRICARE certified mental health counselor (TCMHC)
- 3+ years’ clinical experience in behavioral healthcare
- Clinical skill for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care
- Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses. Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations. Ability to work well with diverse populations
- Strong consultative abilities and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable
- Certification or documented proficiency in one or more evidenced-based practices: 1) Prolonged Exposure Therapy, 2) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and/or 3) Cognitive Processing Therapy.
- A range of modalities beyond individual adult treatment to include child, couples, and family treatment.
- Experience working with a military or Veteran population to include cultural competence.
- Experience treating and diagnosing depression, anxiety, bereavement, relationship/family issues, and substance use disorders.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
7011 A.C. Skinner ParkwayJacksonville, FL