Lead Clinician / Associate Director - (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LPCC or LMFT)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, 401k,
Lead Clinician / Associate Clinic Director (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LPCC or LMFT)
Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as Lead Mental Health Clinician/ Associate Director. Provide evidence-based treatment to Veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. Support the Clinic Director through supervision, case consultation, and mentoring in time-limited, evidence-based interventions. Position requires full-licensure in California to practice psychology, social work, counseling or marriage and family therapy independently (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LPCC or LMFT); 5+ years’ clinical in behavioral healthcare; 3+ years as supervisor; full covid vaccination; and proficiency in one EBPs: PE, CBT and CPT.
Work Week: 40 hrs weekly, with 2 evenings a week and some weekend days during the month to accommodate clients’ schedules. Work in office at least 3 days a week.
Responsibilities: Military Veteran
- Provide a combination of program oversight, staff supervision and direct service provision for the clinic.
- Ensure that staff clinicians are providing treatment per established protocol and policy.
- Meet regularly with the clinical team to staff caseloads and keep abreast of current issues.
- Keep clinical staff informed of program information.
- Work with leadership to establish training and development plan for clinical staff.
- Monitor and facilitate implementation of evidence-based practices by clinic staff.
- Work as liaison with Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) Central Office Clinical Programs team.
- Provide Quality Assurance and regulatory compliance to client files (paper and electronic).
- Provide on-going program evaluation and recommendations to the Clinic Director for continuous growth and quality.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly program reports.
- Provide evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their families in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment.
- Perform and document patient’s screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information. Conduct clinical intake assessments as needed. Provide individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Treatments include mood disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder/PTSD and adjustment disorders.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Attend weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service, placing the child, family, Veteran or client first.
- Communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Present a friendly and positive demeanor to clients, staff, clinic support personnel, funders, and the public. Make oral presentations.
- Remain calm and maintain self-control in difficult circumstances and emergencies. Respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations. Set work priorities. Evaluate and create solutions to work-related problems.
- Interest, desire and passion in providing high-quality evidence-based, time-limited care.
Education and License:
- PhD or PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology and internship/residency in professional psychology or
- Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or
- Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC) or
- Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Requirements: Military Veteran
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans strongly preferred for cultural competence
- Fully licensed in California to practice psychology, social work, counseling and/or marriage and family therapy independently
- 5+ years’ clinical experience in behavioral healthcare
- 3+ years of supervisory experience, including training and developing staff
- Certification or proficiency in one or more evidenced-based practices: 1) Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE), 2) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and/or 3) Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities
- Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses. Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment
- Full Covid vaccination with booster
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of clinical services and community resources
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Daily use of a personal vehicle without prior notice, a valid driver’s license and willing to travel locally
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel. PowerPoint and Access also preferred
- Strong math skills
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.