Inventory Control Assistant (Traveling) - Veterans/Military invited
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for Traveling Inventory Control Assistant. Travel to different jobsites to handle inventory: receive shipments, count parts, record data, update spreadsheets, stock goods, and other administrative duties. The position requires ability to use computer program to receive and track inventory, lift and move 30lbs throughout long shifts, and great attention to details.
Work schedule: 6 days a week, Mon-Sat 10- to 12-hr shifts. *No* unexcused absences.
Workers stay ON JOB FOR 6-8 MONTHS with very little time to return home for visits. This position requires reliable transportation and the ability to MOVE TO OTHER SITES if needed.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Use Inventory Management software to receive, manage, distribute, and complete inventory control measures
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job
- Prepare material staging area
- Unload trucks while scanning to verify materials
- Secure and maintain material staging locations
- Move materials from unloading area to staging area
- Audit shipments for completeness
- Create work orders for installation crews
- Gather and move materials for installation
- Write reports about material damage/ shortages
- Keep work area clean and safe
- Work is inside the facility (warehouse/construction environment)
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Dedication to arrive on-time, every day
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic computer skills, knowing MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Organizational skills and detailed oriented
- Previous inventory experience preferred
- Ability to lift and move 30lbs regularly through long shifts
- Work independently without direct supervision
- Willingness to learn and adopt new standards associated with role
- Have own pair of steel toe boots
- $80/day Per Diem provided to cover hotel expenses, etc. Travel mileage to job too
- Comfortable staying ON JOB FOR 6-8 MONTHS until the project is complete (very little time to return home for visits)
Easterseals DC MD VA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
Transportation and Storage