Inventory Control Assistant (Location in USA, TBD) - Military invited
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for Inventory Control Assistant. Travel to construction job site to handle inventory: receive shipments, count parts, record data, update spreadsheets, stock goods, and other administrative duties. The position requires 2-4 years' inventory experience using inventory management program, to safely operate a heavy-duty Forklift (good motor skills, hearing + good vision, safety minded, etc.) through long shifts, with great attention to details.
Work schedule: 6 days a week, Mon-Sat 10- to 12-hr shifts. *No* unexcused absences. Workers stay on job for 6-8 months with very little time to return home for visits. This position requires reliable transportation and the ability to move to another site if needed.
Pay: $24/hr, overtime, and $100+ per diem (if site is more than 55 miles from your residence)
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Use Inventory Management software to receive, manage, distribute, and complete inventory control measures
- Load and unload materials on pallets to and from storage spaces and loading docks, safely use a 6,000 lb capacity forklift, per OSHA standards. (Forklift training and certification will be provided.)
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job
- Prepare material staging area
- Unload trucks while scanning to verify materials
- Secure and maintain material staging locations
- Move materials from unloading area to staging area
- Audit shipments for completeness
- Create work orders for installation crews
- Write reports about material damage/ shortages
- Keep work area clean and safe
- Work is inside the facility (warehouse/construction environment)
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years inventory experience
- Dedication to arrive on-time, every day
- Physical ability to safely operate a heavy-duty forklift (good reaction time + motor skills, good hearing + vision, safety minded, etc.) (Forklift training and certification will be provided.)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic computer skills, know MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to lift and move 30lbs regularly through shifts
- Work independently without direct supervision
- Willingness to learn and adopt new standards associated with role
- Have own pair of steel toe boots
- Per Diem provided to cover hotel expenses, etc., IF NO UNEXCUSED ABSENSES ( and site is more than 55 miles from your residence). Travel mileage/hrs paid to job for initial start.
- Comfortable staying on job for 6-8 months until the project is complete (very little time to return home for visits) and traveling to new site as business requires
Easterseals DC MD VA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
Transportation and Storage