Field Mechanic - Natural gas /Diesel: military invited to apply
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for as a Field Service Mechanic - Natural Gas/ Diesel. Job requires a Journeymen with 3-5 years of SOLID, ADVANCED troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of minor-to-major failures, overhauls, rebuilds, electrical failures, top and bottom ends, generators, drivers to driven. Also required are your own full set of tools, a clean driving license and experience with ONE of these brands: Caterpillar, Cummins High HP, Waukesha, Jenbacher, Wartsila, Fairbanks Morse, and/or MTU. Relocation package is available.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair failures, including natural gas, electrical, diesel engines, hydraulic and pneumatic. Service and maintain machinery in the field.
- Troubleshoot electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, frame, cab and hydraulic systems.
- Read diagrams, service manuals, service bulletins, etc.
- Order parts to repair unit and follow up on backorders.
- Perform routine maintenance checks and adjustments (fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires, and clutches); change filters and oil. Weld as needed.
- Submit paperwork: daily notes, timecards, tech-line reports, expense reports and warranty parts.
- Maintain service truck.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Journeymen with 3-5 years’ experience with diesel and heavy equipment
- SOLID, ADVANCED troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of minor-to-major failures, overhauls, rebuilds, electrical failures, top and bottom ends, generators, diesel engines, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Full set of tools
- Experience with ONE of these brands: Caterpillar, Cummins High HP, Waukesha, Jenbacher, Wartsila, Fairbanks Morse, and/or MTU
- Valid driving record, clean past 3 years
- Skills to read manuals and schematics
- Ability to enter information in repair management software
- Ability to lift 80+lbs and work in the field, an outdoor environment
Keyworkds: Natural gas, Caterpillar, Liebherr, Case, John Deere, Vermeer, Komatsu, Caterpillar, Cummins, Waukesha, Jenbacher, Wartsila, Fairbanks Morse, MTU, diesel, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, frame, cab, fluid, hoses, belts, brakes, tires, clutches, filters, oil, mine, forestry, construction, heavy, machine, machinery, Volvo, Atlas, Hyundai, Kobelco, New Holland, Cummins High HP, Wärtsilä, Fairbanks, Morse, MSHA, Journeyman, Journeymen
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.