Facilities Engineer (Licensed)
Veteran Staffing Network Bethesda, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $30 to $42 Hourly
- Benefits: medical,
Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Finance and Agency Operations Manager. Perform preventive maintenance on some of these systems: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems, DDC systems, building automation systems, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, generators, water treatment, fire/life safety systems, and/or general building operations. A High school diploma with 5+ years of Engineer or similar experience, plus jobs in general maintenance, exterior and interior surface preparation, and painting. Must meet physical demands of job, including lifting 50lbs alone and 100lb with assistance.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
· Display a basic proficiency and perform preventive maintenance and other duties: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems, DDC systems, building automation systems, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, generators, water treatment, fire/life safety systems, and/or general building operations.
· Test, troubleshoot, monitor, adjust settings, and log readings on all types of building systems related equipment.
· Perform general hardware repairs and replacements such as cabinet hinges, handles, door hardware, door closers, keying locks and cutting keys.
· Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, tools, radio) to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
· Clean, lubricate, protect and maintain all tools and equipment and return to the shop and secure in the proper area.
Accident Prevention and Safety
· Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, refrigerant, paint, lamps, etc., including using Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
· Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
· Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions / report to management and security/safety personnel.
· Maintain a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems and be familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Fire and Emergency Rescue/Response Teams.
· Store all flammable materials in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices.
· Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
Maintain Building and Property
· Clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management.
· Observe energy and utilities usage in the building and on the grounds.
Maintain Records or Logs
· Maintain the preventive maintenance records, inspections, and rounds using a computer management system.
· Maintain a proper inventory of parts, materials, equipment, tools, and supplies necessary to perform the job.
· Read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring devices in accordance with inspection and rounds procedures.
· Assist in the inventory and compilation of data for preventive maintenance inspection records.
· Address visitor/associates' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Welcome and acknowledge every visitor/associate with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the visitor/associate's name when possible.
· Actively listen and respond positively to visitor/associate questions, concerns, and requests.
· Respond to all visitor/associate complaints promptly and, if cannot remedy the situation, let the proper people know so they can follow up and try to satisfy the visitor/associate.
· Speak to visitor/associates and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Follow verbal or written directions pertaining to minor maintenance repairs.
· Assure each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards
· Maintain communication with supervisors to so that all needed materials, tools, and supplies are available or on order.
Working with Others
· Work with all departments of the facilities staff and other departments to maintain all floors of the building, and property in perfect condition.
· Train and provide technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
· Work in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of the organization..
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized.
· Complete all maintenance or repair assignments in a timely, safe, and professional manner.
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
· Transmit information or documents using a computer.
· Enter and retrieve information from computer databases to update records, files, reservation and answer inquiries from visitor/associates.
· Create and maintain computer and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
· Display basic Building Automation Systems (BAS) related computer skills including entering/changing air handler schedules and making temperature changes.
· Read and understand building Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) drawings to assist in repairs, finding valves, or to be able to locate hidden equipment
· Lift, carry, reach, bend, and climb ladders.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
· Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
· Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
· Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing more than 100 pounds.
Requirements: Veteran Military
· US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
· High school diploma
· 5+ years of experience as Engineer or similar type role
· Experience in general maintenance, exterior and interior surface preparation and painting
· Experience in hotel or office building engineering/maintenance preferred
o CFC Universal certified (refrigerant handling license)
o Maryland 2nd-class licensed engineer or higher
o NIULPE 3rd-class licensed engineer (National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers) or higher
o OR an equivalent license in some other jurisdiction
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.