Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Executive Assistant position. Provide administrative, recordkeeping, budget, and logistical support. Job requires a High school diploma/GED, 3-5 years of executive assistant experience, and MS Outlook skills, plus excellent judgment and logistics skills.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Manage meetings, scheduling and logistics. Draw upon experience and judgment to maintain schedules, track and document unit activity, and prepare for meetings and the meeting materials with little supervision.
- Perform a lead role in coordinating meetings and events with multiple managers or offices
- Book travel and manage expenses
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Help prepare documents and presentations.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and emails.
- Handle internal and external information requests with the utmost professionalism.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of executive assistant experience
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Outlook
- Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking
- Customer service skills, professional demeanor, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential
- Experience in a large organization preferred.
- Financial-related industry preferred and experience with Concur preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) preferred
As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide crucial support services for veterans, wounded warriors, and their families.
We work with employers to fill temp-to perm, contract, and direct-hire placements. We accomplish this by bringing together diverse constituencies and strengths in an innovative way to support both the business seeking to hire top-notch employees and veterans transitioning to civilian life. VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support that each individual needs in order to succeed.
Contact Us: 855.VETS111