Entry Level Recruiter (REMOTE) - Veteran+Military Connected - Remote
Veteran Staffing Network Norfolk, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Easterseals’ Veteran Staffing Network (VSN) is hiring a Recruiter to join our fast-paced non-profit staffing firm. We source and recruit military candidates for a variety of civilian job opportunities with our client-base of employers, nationwide. A recruiter with high-volume recruiting experience, who is outgoing and a thoughtful communicator, and who is proactive and works well under tight deadlines, will be given the highest priority. The work for this position may be done remotely, but the employee must live in DC, Maryland or Virginia metro area.
- Creatively source qualified candidates (cold-calling, referral-based calling, professional networking, broadcast emails, internet and database keyword searches, etc.)
- Review and fully understand clients’ needs and job requirements
- Review and evaluate resumes for suitability for various positions
- Screen candidates; assess and select the most appropriate applicant that fit the clients’ needs
- Track all potential candidates in VSN’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Schedule and prepare applicants for interviews
- As needed, assist with candidates’ on-boarding process and employee scheduling
- Follow-up with candidates after hiring/placement
- As needed, assist with job postings and other duties.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Must live in the DC, Maryland, or Virginia metro area.
- Bachelors required. In lieu of degree, additional work experience may be accepted
- 1+ years of experience in recruiting or a related field is required
- 2-5 years of professional experience in an office environment
- Tech-savvy with ability to learn new software and navigate the internet with ease
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use a database required; Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems (Salesforce, or other database software) highly preferred
- Must have the ability to sit, use a computer, and talk on the phone for extended periods
- Highly effective communicator, able to easily relate to people
- High level of comfort with screening and sourcing candidates via phone
- Ability to understand detailed job requirements from a variety of industries
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple tasks without compromising quality
- High sense of urgency and motivation. Ability to work well under tight deadlines. Flexible and able to change focus as our clients’ needs rapidly change
- Decision-making skills. Ability to read people and make sound judgment on a candidates’ suitability
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work independently; willing to follow through
- Team-oriented, persistent, creative thinker and problem solver
- The work for this position may be done remotely, but the employee must live in DC, Maryland or Virginia metro area.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.