EHR Interface Tester: Veteran+Military
Veteran Staffing Network Vienna, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55 to $85 Hourly
- Benefits: medical
Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and Military Spouse for EHR Interface Tester. Lead the overall Project Interfaces Testing, Test planning, Strategy, and deliverables (test plans, cases, and execution reports). Bachelors in computer science/electronics engineering; 3-5 years in developing test strategies, plans and scripts; and understanding of testing and evaluation of IT projects at Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs.
US Citizenship required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Lead overall Project interfaces testing plus Test planning, Strategy, and deliverables (plans, cases, and execution Reports)
- Update Master Test Plan that documents processes associated with test design, traceability, execution and tools used for a large and complex, COTS implementation effort
- Design, develop, evaluate and update test scenarios, test plans and test procedures as necessary
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand product specifics and create corresponding test strategies
- Manage system integration, functional, regression and performance testing
- Serve as subject matter specialist to support of user requirements of highly complex software/hardware applications
- Develop executable test procedures for interface, device, data migration and other testing.
- Create project resource estimates, define metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality
- Write detailed test cases with expected results for various scenarios, positive and negative
- Execute testing on both web front-end systems and back-end systems (Interfaces, devices)
- Provide recommendations to improve testing processes
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred. US Citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline
- 3-5 years in developing test strategies, plans and scripts
- Understanding of testing and evaluation of IT projects at Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs
- HL7, HIE, FHIR, Cerner, Health IT experience
- Experience with a broad range of tools, HP ALM, Rational Quality Manager/DOORS, Jira and Version One
- Ability to analyze requirements for testability, review technical documentation to understand project architecture, and ensure traceability between various testing artifacts
- Experience with integration testing and verifying system/component log files for errors and warnings
- Experience with Interface Standards with understanding in design/ implementation of artifacts for interface testing
- Ability to examine, analyze and verify data transfer between components
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in a mixed team of government personnel and other contractors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks if necessary, handle changing priorities, detail-oriented, and work
- Independently and in a mixed team of government personnel and other contractors
- Interface experience or exposure/knowledge preferred. EPIC and EHR experience at the VA or another agency preferred
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing Network
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.