Data Analyst - military invited to apply
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Data Analyst position. Convert data into information to gain insight and inform business decisions. Conduct full lifecycle analysis including requirements, activities, and design. Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. Job requires 2+ years as a data analyst, a bachelor’s degree, basic SQL, and effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Conduct full lifecycle analysis including requirements, activities, and design
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Use automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Aggregate data per requested data points
- Remove corrupted data and fix errors and related problems
- Review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards
- Communicate with team members to assess progress of deliverables
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Data and Analytics, or Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration etc.
- 2+ years working as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and deliver presentations to all levels of the business and effectively explain complex issues and concepts in simple, understandable language
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Basic SQL knowledge to write own SQL queries
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.