Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Behavioral Health Clinic Director. Oversee the start-up of clinic, and lead it once operational to provide evidence-based interventions to military veterans and their families. Must be a licensed clinician in Psychology, Social Work, or Nursing (or related) or Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (PhD, Psy.D, EdD) and 7+ years in behavioral healthcare.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- As the clinical and administrative leader, responsible for creating and sustaining a clinical program that meets the highest standards of evidence-based practice and quality care. Strengthen mental health outcomes for veterans dealing with Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) or other mental illness and ensure that every veteran and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality, effective care.
- Lead an interdisciplinary team focused on providing targeted evidence-based psychotherapy in an outpatient clinic that serves individual adults, couples, families, and children.
- Provide vision, leadership, and overall supervision for the clinical, case managers, outreach, and administrative staff. Ensure that they have the professional training necessary to build, operate and maintain a high-functioning clinic with a culture of collaboration and peer consultation.
- Provide financial oversight of the clinic, monitor and enforce compliance and oversee reporting.
- With stakeholders, design an evaluation system to inform program, policy and fiscal decisions.
- This clinic is part of a national network of clinics supported by a central office team.
- Oversee all clinical operations (e.g. clinical care, staffing, training, measurement and evaluation)
- Lead performance improvement activities.
- Participate in activities during, and in preparation for, all accreditation, licensing, or other surveys.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse interest groups, advocacy groups and governmental organizations.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Licensed clinician in Psychology, Social Work or Nursing (or related degree) or Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (PhD, Psy.D, EdD).
- 7+ years in behavioral healthcare.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate (independent practice) Alaska state licensure.
- Experience treating and diagnosing PTSD and co-morbid diagnoses (SUD, depression, anxiety) with evidence-based treatments and providing clinical supervision/management in a behavioral healthcare clinical setting.
- Financial management experience with billing practices and/or credentialing preferred
- A track record of building, supporting and facilitating teams; excellent communication skills; and ability to digest and distill complex subjects.
- Know modalities beyond individual adult treatment (child, couples, family treatment) preferred.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population to include cultural competence preferred.