Case Manager/Clinician (MSW, LMFC, LPC)
Veteran Staffing Network Silver Spring, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Easterseals DC MD VA & the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Case Manager/Clinician (MSW, LMFC, LPC). Provide high-quality comprehensive case management to clinic clients in addition to carrying a caseload of approximately 25-50% of time for individual therapy cases. Position requires MSW, LMFC, LPC or similar Masters-level, and 2 years working as a case manager in a mental health clinic setting, plus currently licensed (in any state) for MSW or LPC, and fully license eligible for Maryland, Virginia, DC, or West Virginia.
- Conduct intake screenings and case management meetings with veterans and/or their families
- Evaluate and document client needs. Work with clinic staff and client to assist in development of the treatment plan
- Coordinate, document, track and report on client case management
- Advocate for and facilitate access to mental health and related services for veterans and their family
- Collaborate with clinic staff to ensure patient data is collected, stored and protected in compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Collaborate with staff to refer clients for other services within Easterseals (i.e. respite care, early intervention services, etc.) and across its network of partner organizations
- Work with clinicians, intake coordinator and other colleagues to ensure continuity of service
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding risk management and business continuity
- Collaborate with Easterseals staff and the Cohen Veterans Network around data collection, trend analysis, research, reporting, etc.
- Help to schedule, conduct and document intakes with veterans and family members in electronic health record system
- Attend multidisciplinary case team meetings and supervision. Serve as a backup to receptionist and office manager
- Perform administrative and/or duties assigned, update electronic health records, and monitoring supplies
- Assist staff administratively in ways that optimize clinic procedures, promotion, marketing and recruitment efforts
- Work flexible hours to include evenings 1-2 days per week and/or a Saturday half-day
- Become knowledgeable in the purpose and general operation of programs offered by the clinic
- Provide direct evidenced-based mental health services and referrals for veterans and their families. Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members
- Provide individual (adults and children), couples, and family therapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based cognitive-behavioral treatments
- Provide treatment in compliance with state and federal guidelines as well as Center policies, protocols and procedures
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred.
- Education: MSW, LMFC, LPC or similar Masters-level clinician
- Current licensed (in any state) for MSW or LPC, and fully license-eligible for Maryland, Virginia, DC, or West Virginia required
- 1+ years working as a case manager in a mental health clinic setting, preferably working with veteran and military populations dealing with conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) preferred
- 2+ years of clinical experience in provision of cognitive-behavior therapy (including pre-graduate field placement experience)
- Excellent customer service
- Flexibility to work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems, generate solutions, and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages
- Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously. Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to succeed in a Not-for-Profit environment. Comfort rolling one’s sleeves up.
- Demonstrated knowledge about HIPPA and HITECH
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
AddressSilver Spring, MD