Budget Analyst Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Budget Analyst/Project Manager to maintain and analyze financial controls and systems data used for recording, monitoring, forecasting and budgeting for all project expenditures. The position requires a Bachelor's degree and 4-10 years of budget analysis within project management experience.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Maintain financial controls and systems data used for recording, monitoring, forecasting and budgeting for all project expenditures.
- Analyze project actuals versus forecast to identify reasons for variances from budget.
- Prepare monthly accruals and analyze against payments.
- Develop and maintain departmental operating procedures and standard work documents.
- Prepare reports for senior leadership.
- Provide support to key stakeholders and the PMO by developing and maintaining all performance dashboards and preparing reports to be submitted to project teams.
- Manage special projects
- Be able to jump in to assist other areas of the PMO when needed.
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization, from scrum teams to senior leadership, including areas outside of the Division.
- Must have advanced skills and experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivots, look-ups, graphs, formatting) and excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Must understand financial aspects of Agile practices (Epic, Value Stream, ART, Scrum) in a business context and be able to explain same to non-financial resources.
- Strong sense of urgency, good organizational skills and attention to detail, with a creative approach to solving issues.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and challenge business contacts to interpret issues and properly apply finance and accounting principles in reporting and forecasting.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data.
- Must be able to examine detailed information but tailor messages to audiences with different levels of knowledge and requiring different levels of detail
- Enterprise 1 (E1) knowledge is a plus
- Work independently in constant changing environment
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with mortgage and banking industry.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment. Some knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) practices, use of Jira and Confluence.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft OneNote, Tableau (run reports), and Planview.
- Familiarity with General Ledger postings.
- Work with variety of stakeholders, or within a PMO, to ensure financial information (resource forecasts and non-resource costs) are accurate and completed as per deadlines from enterprise.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or a related field.
- PMP Certification preferred but not required.
- SAFe certification is welcome but not required.
- 4-10 years of related experience.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
Finance and Insurance