Biomedical Technician / Equipment Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $34 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Our client, a federal government contractor with the VA, is seeking an experienced Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET). You will perform medical equipment maintenance in a hospital. The position requires an associate degree and 5+ years of medical equipment maintenance.
· Perform operational verification procedures, planned maintenance, and repair service on various medical equipment.
· Provide Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance coverage.
· Repair and maintain specialized medical devices such as anesthesia machines, vaporizers, ventilators, bedside monitors, audiometers, and equipment found in the central sterile department, as well as providing support on general medical devices (Infusion pumps, Feeding Pumps, Aspirators, Vital Signs Monitors, Beds, Stretchers, Ceiling Lifts, etc.).
· Backfill incoming inspections and assembly work (new devices coming because of Cerner projects).
- A 2-year associate degree or higher in an applied science (prefer a degree in Biomedical Electronics Technology, Biomedical Equipment Technology or Biomedical Engineering Technology or in a related technical field such as Electronic Technology or Information Technology) or equivalent military training.
- 5+ years of healthcare experience performing medical equipment maintenance; must include time within a hospital/medical center Biomedical Engineering department
- Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, planned maintenance, and repair service on various medical equipment.
- Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards.
- Familiarity with the setup and application of test equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical literature, schematics, and drawings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required federal public trust clearance for this role.
- Must provide proof of COVID vaccination + Flu vaccination during flu season, or, as an alternative, appropriate documentation that will support either a medical or religious exemption.
· US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
· Experience working in or with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), understanding of VISN (Veterans Integrated Services Network), VA medical center, and Biomedical Engineering department operations is a plus.
Veteran Staffing Network
130 W Kingsbridge RdNew York, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Veteran Staffing Network
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?