Biomedical Technician / Equipment Support Specialist - Info. Systems
- Posted: over a month ago
- $30 to $40 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Our client, a federal government contractor with the VA, is seeking an experienced Biomedical Equipment Specialist with an information systems background. You will maintain and troubleshoot complex, networked equipment within a hospital environment. The position requires a degree, 1+ years of experience in medical information systems and networking, and overall 3+ years of biomedical equipment maintenance.
· Repair, calibrate, and perform preventative maintenance on medical equipment
· As assigned, responsible for lifecycle management of any and all medical devices and systems such as imaging, life support, dialysis, and monitoring to include physical and network support
· Complete both routine and complex assignments involved in the installation, maintenance, modification, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of these complex therapeutic, diagnostic and life support medical devices and systems
· Configure medical devices onto the network, set-up internet protocol addresses and provide respective subnetting; Provide equipment support and install updates
· Provide cyber security by upgrading and installing security patches and necessary software
· Work effectively within a team and work collaboratively with key stakeholders, including technical and professional staff at various levels of the organization
· Document all work performed in the maintenance management systems
· Maintain documentation of biomedical information systems covering ePHI requirements, VLAN, IP address, anti-virus software, security and other required information
· Assist with inventory documentation and clean up for networked medical devices
· Assist with implementation of new networked systems and sustainment of existing systems, retiring old products, getting new users up and running.
· Install and support tasks in preparation for Cerner EHR migration, infrastructure upgrade and installation support, etc.
· Backfill for incoming inspections and assembly work (new devices coming as a result of Cerner projects).
· Backfill for Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance coverage for radiology equipment (MRI scanner, X-Ray mobile units, Bone Density, CT scanners, in room x-rays, etc.)
· Backfill for Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance coverage for specialized medical devices such as anesthesia machines, vaporizers, ventilators, bedside monitors, audiometers and equipment found in the central sterile department, as well as providing support on general medical devices (Infusion pumps, Feeding Pumps, Aspirators, Vital Signs Monitors, Beds, Stretchers, Ceiling Lifts, etc). Backfill incoming inspections and assembly work (new devices coming as a result of Cerner projects).
· A 2-year associate degree or higher in an applied science (prefer a degree in Biomedical Electronics Technology, Biomedical Equipment Technology or Biomedical Engineering Technology or in a related technical field such as Electronic Technology or Information Technology) or additional experience in lieu of degree
· 3+ years of healthcare experience performing medical equipment maintenance; must include time within a hospital/medical center Biomedical Engineering department
· 1+ years of specialized experience in medical information systems and networking.
· Current and advanced knowledge of computer virus protection software, available software patches and upgrades, information security tools, electronics, computers and network theory.
· Demonstrated competency in utilizing and maintaining computer and server-based medical equipment, medical record databases, and proprietary and generic software;
· Experience with TCP/IP, HL7, networking, network security and DICOM standards;
· Experience maintaining, interfacing and troubleshooting networked medical equipment to include VLAN configuration, IP addressing, sub-netting, and network security;
· Ability to interpret, identify and apply network engineering principles and practices; and
· Ability to distinguish networking problems from non-networking problems.
· Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards.
· Familiarity with the setup and application of network test equipment and testing tools.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical literature, schematics, and drawings
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Must be able to obtain and maintain the required federal public trust clearance for this role
· Must provide proof of COVID vaccination + Flu vaccination during flu season, or, as an alternative, appropriate documentation that will support either a medical or religious exemption.
· US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
· Experience working in or with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) or understanding of VISN (Veterans Integrated Services Network) is a plus
Veteran Staffing Network
130 W Kingsbridge RdNew York, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Veteran Staffing Network
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?