Biomedical Equipment Technician (PA) - Military / Veteran invited
Veteran Staffing Network Norristown, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Biomedical Equipment Technician. Provide clinical equipment services, validation and inspection of clinical equipment for completeness, mechanical and electrical safety, and proper operation. The job requires solid technical, electrical or maintenance experience (pay is based on length, from 3 months to 4 years) and a valid driver's license. Bonus points for work with biomedical equipment and/or in a clinical engineering environment.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Technical Service (40%)
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on general biomedical equipment
- Repair, install, and calibrate general biomedical equipment. Assist with Service Operations Special Projects as assigned
- Inform supervisors of status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations and customer concerns
- Work with, direct, and document activities of subcontractors, vendors and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
- Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
Regulatory Compliance (25%)
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of equipment database, inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature and service history
- Adhere to Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), all regulatory agency compliances and applicable policies and procedures. Ensure service and documentation is complete, timely and accurate
Account Relationship Management (25%)
- Build and maintain customer relationships. Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
- Adhere to Mission, Vision and Values of organization(s) served.
- Provide a positive representation of company services by integrating core values into job performance
Inventory (10 %)
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Perform Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, trial and evaluation, rental and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of equipment database to inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history. Make recommendations regarding inventory
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Technical, mechanical, electrical or maintenance experience OR Associates in technical/electronics field
- Salary depends upon experience: 3 months to 4 years
- Working with biomedical equipment and/or in clinical engineering environment preferred
- Valid driver’s license; travel requirements depend on primary site & may require use of personal vehicle
- Complex computer skills including the ability to interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, and interpret computer codes required
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; good communicator, team player, interaction with hospital personnel. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.