Biomedical Engineer - Must reside in the US
- $43 to $57 Hourly
Our client, a federal government contractor with the VA, is seeking an experienced Biomedical Engineer. You will help manage a hospital medical equipment maintenance program, as part of the in-house engineering department. The position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or CCE certification and 3+ years of in-house hospital experience.
- Maintain and troubleshoot complex, networked equipment within a hospital environment.
- Conduct a medical equipment management program that is compliant with applicable healthcare standards.
- Develop a curriculum for a continuing education program that addresses the safe and effective use of medical technology.
- Manage a recall and safety alert program for medical devices, including medical device hazard investigations.
- Conduct capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment.
- Function as the subject matter expert in the field of biomedical engineering, supporting specialized clinical technology, including service, system administration, training, quality assurance, and life cycle management.
- VA Medical Device Nomenclature System (VA-MDNS) and conformance, recall and safety alerts, security patches and updates, assist in national, VISN and local deadlines.
- Networking on medical equipment
- Project tracking, meeting attendance, etc.
- Assist with Cerner prep.
· US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred.
· Experience working in or with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), understanding of VISN (Veterans Integrated Services Network) is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Certification as a Clinical Engineer (CCE) or additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of experience maintaining medical equipment or managing a hospital medical equipment program.
- Experience within a hospital/medical center Biomedical Engineering department required
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts related to computer-based medical systems, networking protocols, and information security as it applies to medical technology.
- Demonstrated competency in the ability to conduct a medical equipment management program that is compliant with applicable healthcare standards and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to develop a curriculum for a continuing education program that addresses the safe and effective use of medical technology.
- Ability to manage a recall and safety alert program for medical devices, including medical device hazard investigations, to assure compliance with patient safety goals, Safe Medical Device Act, and The Joint Commission (TJC) requirements.
- Ability to conduct capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment spanning initial concept, installation, and effective implementation of complex medical equipment.
- Ability to function as the subject matter expert in the field of biomedical engineering, directly supporting specialized clinical technology, including service, system administration, training, quality assurance, and life cycle management.
- Ability to effectively advise clinical and administrative staff on medical technology, including existing and emerging technology, which addresses viability, long-term suitability, compatibility, and/or safety; to apply project management principles to deployment of medical equipment and health information technologies.
- Demonstrated skill in communicating and working collaboratively with key stakeholders, including technical and professional staff at various levels of the organization.
- Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required federal public trust clearance for this role.
- Must provide proof of COVID vaccination + Flu vaccination during flu season, or, as an alternative, appropriate documentation that will support either a medical or religious exemption.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Veteran Staffing Network (VSN) at Easterseals is a nonprofit staffing agency that connects employers with top-tier military talent and helps veterans and their spouses find meaningful jobs.
Veteran Staffing NetworkBoise, ID
WebsiteView All Veteran Staffing Network Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.