Associate Wealth Advisor: Veteran+Military
Veteran Staffing Network Morristown, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $85,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse for an Associate Wealth Advisor.
Fulfill your passion for a financial planning career by starting here in the wealth management industry!
Service clients with portfolio reviews and prepare projections using Excel spreadsheets and MoneyGuidePro wealth-planning software. This position requires a Bachelor’s in financial planning/ business/ finance/ economics; 2+ years of financial experience; a CFP-Board certification (or attainment within 1-2 years); and a Series 65 license (or attainment within 90 days).
Responsibilities: Military Veteran
- Prepare financial analyses for clients, including retirement analysis, estate planning analysis, education funding analysis, stock options analysis, and risk management needs analysis
- Handle all pre-client meeting activities, such as preparation of meeting agendas, client paperwork, Investment Policy statements, and asset allocations.
- Complete post-client meeting tasks such as develop meeting notes, perform financial situation analyses, and coordinate planning implementation with outside professionals
- Continuously monitor clients’ financial situations with detail and accuracy
- Keep informed and learn things quickly in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage regular changing of priorities
Requirements: Military Veteran
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- Bachelors in financial planning, business, finance, economics
- 2+ years of financial experience
- CFP® certification (or attainment within 1-2 years after joining firm)
- Series 65 license (or attainment within 90 days after joining firm)
- Strong monetary and analytical skills. Aptitude and interest in wealth management career
- Basic understanding of investment and monetary planning strategies for high-net-worth clients
- Ability to identify, meet and follow through with client needs and requirements
- Desire to be in a large wealth management RIA environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Have a professional demeanor and personality, in a humble manner, to inspire confidence and persuade audience, when dealing with clients and firm Advisors and Wealth Managers
- Self-starter, problem-solver and goal-oriented team player with a ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail. Able to perform multiple tasks efficiently
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Veteran Staffing NetworkWhy Work Here?
Our exceptional services help military, veterans & their families have equal opportunities to live, learn & work in their communities.
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.
Finance and Insurance