Assistant Engineer (Veterans Invited)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Seeking Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse for the Assistant Engineer position for a network of 10 bakeries/distribution centers along the East Coast. Our baked goods can be found in a wide range of establishments, from fast food and quick-service restaurants to cafeterias, hospitals, grocery stores, and universities.
The Assistant Engineer will help the chief engineer to oversee and manage all aspects of the maintenance department including, but not limited to, maintaining equipment, maintaining building and grounds, parts purchasing and inventory, maintenance budgets, capital project management, mechanic training and development, maintenance hiring, work scheduling and follow up inspections, predictive and preventative maintenance program management, and inter-department communications. This is a full time, benefits eligible opportunity.
Role & Responsibilities
· Follow up on preventative maintenance, work orders, and emergency repairs to ensure they are being done correctly.
· Work closely with production to make sure their needs are met.
· Work with sanitation to make sure scheduled shutdowns are effective for both departments.
· Scheduling and planning for work to be done during normal shutdowns.
· Organize and maintain a proper parts inventory as well as oversee all maintenance purchasing and contractors.
· Facilitate training programs for all maintenance employees.
· Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems on automated equipment.
· Manage food safety requirements as they pertain to maintenance.
· Manage and follow up on all safety programs and related training.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This is primarily a hands-on position rather than a desk position.
· Assist in any breakdowns and floor calls as needed.
· Must be on call off hours for trouble shooting from remote and on-site as necessary.
· Must be willing and able to work different shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Requirements & Physical Demands
· Minimum of three years’ experience as a maintenance mechanic.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Strong mechanical skills.
· Electrical troubleshooting ability preferred.
· Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time, and in hot environments.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veteran Staffing Network
1 Gourmet LaneEdison, NJ
EngineeringView all jobs at Veteran Staffing Network
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?