Easterseals DC MD VA is seeking a highly motivated US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse to apply for the Accounting Manager. Direct Accounting Operations that encompass Accounts Payable, Payroll, Billing, and Accounts Receivable and Cash receipts, Special Billing/Reporting. Ensure effective and efficient processing and compliance with firm policies, procedures and internal accounting and system controls. The position requires a Bachelors in Finance/Accounting, 3+ years managing budgets, plus experience with governmental programs and automated accounting systems.
Easterseals DC MD VA: Easterseals makes profound, positive differences in the daily lives of people of all ages with disabilities, special needs, military backgrounds and their families. We deliver exceptional services in Adult Medical Day Care, Early Child Development and Education, Respite, and Workforce Development services where participants and their families find support, hope, medical care, and enjoyable activities.
- Manage and train accounting staff responsible for A/P, A/R, billing, collections, payroll and general ledger.
- Evaluate current positions and roles and responsibilities to ensure compliance with process improvements.
- Hire accounting staff, terminate staff when necessary and conduct performance evaluations.
- Fully engage in processing of P/R, billing, cash receipts, payables and journal entries to improve and advance automation of process flow and to serve as a backup in case of staff absences or emergencies.
- With Controller, establish internal control of accounting transactions. Review and update the accounting manual.
- Implement policies and procedures to accounting. Train accounting staff on policy and procedures
- Implement sound accounting procedures. Establish systematic processing of accounting data.
- Establish change management protocols to ensure revisions to policies and procedures are properly implemented
- Help design and implement record retention policy on maintaining accounting records.
- Year-end closing of books on a timely manner. Close previous year and open new year in accounting system
- Prepare all audit schedules for review by Controller and respond to audit inquires by auditors
- Work with Controller to make sure all audit responses are accurate and complete.
- Review and reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
- Ensure biweekly payroll is posted in the G/L on a timely manner
- Assure project and grant revenue transactions are posted timely
- Assure Indirect Cost allocations are calculated, reviewed and posted prior to monthly closing
- Ensure Requisite bank reports are prepared and ready for review and submission on a timely manner
- Assist Financial/Budget analyst with coordination and development of budgets, forecast, and projections
- Bachelors in Finance/ Accounting. CPA preferred.
- 5+ years accounting and managing staff.
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Familiarity with Non Profit, Federal, State and Local Grant and Contract Accounting Standards and Cost Accounting Standards
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Pivot tables, V Look up, Macros. Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Exceptional ability to communicate, orally, in writing and between departments
- Excellent management and supervisory skills with ability to direct, communicate with and train employees
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills. Must be highly motivated with love of learning