- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $21 Hourly
This position is responsible for conducting armed and/or unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrols of the interior and exterior of client sites, control the access and egress of said sites along with providing for the safety and security of our clients, there customers and staff.
You will be responsible for monitoring CCTV, completing daily shift reports, tour logs and being the main deterrent for criminal activity.
** JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES **
Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
· Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
· Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden items including but not limited to weapons and drugs.
· Be physically able to detain and remove individuals from the property.
· Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits.
· Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements.
· Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities, maintain written logs as required by the post via our reporting platform.
· Aid customers, employees, and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
· Make emergency notifications as necessary pursuant to site Post Orders.
· Make productivity improvements and cost reduction recommendations to management.
· Make recommendations for physical security surveys and post orders updates.
· Must be able to work various shifts and weekends, as dictated by the operational needs of the team.
· Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
· Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions, and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
** QUALIFICATIONS **
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess one or more of the following
Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
Must be able to work multiples sites and handle variations in the schedule.
Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) or verified work experience in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
A minimum of 2 or more years of service in any military branch
Associate's degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
Verifiable Armed Security or Protection experience (2 years or more)
Post offer, must be able to pass the following:
· Complete FBI Background Check
· Motor Vehicle Records Check
· Mental and Physical Screening
· Pass an Alcohol and Drug Screening (pre-employment and random)
** PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT **
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence, and reports in English.
· The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle.
· The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
· May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
· The job is generally performed in an office/retail setting; however, during site tours the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for periods of time.
· The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
· Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple individuals with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
· Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Veteran Guardians Llc
Real EstateView all jobs at Veteran Guardians Llc