General Laborer - Erosion Control
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why work for Veteran Erosion Services?
We want the BEST PEOPLE to create the BEST CULTURE to be the DRIVING FORCE behind our success. Veteran Erosion Services is a certified service-disabled veteran owned and operated small business, and we need you to join us in our continued pursuit of being Arizona’s largest Erosion Service provider.
We are seeking highly motivated General Construction Laborers who are passionate about the new home and commercial building processes to join our El Mirage, Arizona team. At VES, we believe every teammate is empowered to drive their own success.
The General Laborer roles with VES are not all encompassing of specific work tasks, perform physical labor, and are ESSENTIAL to our company efforts and success. General Laborers utilize a variety of tools and may be asked to operate heavy machinery and drive company vehicles.
The following list of job functions is a broad representation of the type(s) of tasks, responsibilities and work performed required of General Laborers at Veteran Erosion Services. All activities will be performed to support the strategy, goals, mission, vision and values of VES.
- Perform tasks involving physical labor for erosion work at new home building and commercial construction sites.
- Complete a variety tasks involving the use of hands and tools.
- Follow the direction of foreman, operations leaders, and management, including working extended hours as required to complete daily assignments.
- Load and unload trucks to haul materials to various job sites.
- Prepare to perform job assignments promptly at designated shift start times.
- Safely perform all daily tasks in accordance with company policies and safety regulations.
- Understand that some overnight travel to job sites may be required when jobs are awarded outside of the Phoenix metro area.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions (heat).
- Frequent activity: standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching above shoulders, pushing, pulling, balancing.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required onsite – hard hat, safety glasses, steal toed boots, etc. Some PPE may be provided to you by Veteran Erosion Services.
- Valid Driver’s License and favorable driving record with reliable transportation.
- Ability to maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with teammates, customers and leaders in the course of all work-related activities.
- Regular, timely and predictable attendance is required.
- Applicant may be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed but may prevent you from being assigned to certain job sites.
- Pre-employment drug screens may be required as a condition of employment.
Veteran Erosion Services is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment, random, post-accident, and/or reasonable suspicion drug screens may be required as a condition of employment as a part of our Drug Abuse Free Workplace Policy.
Veteran Erosion Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including the decisions to hire, promote, discipline or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any status protected under federal, state or local law. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please submit your request to Cassie Dent, Director of Business Operations and Human Resources, via email at email@example.com.
Veteran Erosion Services does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of VES without a prior written search agreement executed and signed by VES owners or their designee(s) will be considered unsolicited and will become the property of Veteran Erosion Services.
Veteran Erosion Services LLCWhy Work Here?
We want the BEST PEOPLE to create the BEST CULTURE to be the DRIVING FORCE behind our success.
Veteran Erosion Services is a certified service-disabled veteran owned and operated small business. We need you to join us in our continued pursuit of being Arizona’s leading Erosion Control provider.
12336 W Butler DrEl Mirage, AZ