Dump Truck Driver/Machine Operator
Veteran Erosion Services LLC El Mirage, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $55,000 Yearly
We want the BEST PEOPLE to create the BEST CULTURE to be the DRIVING FORCE behind our success. Veteran Erosion Services is a certified service-disabled veteran owned and operated small business, and we need you to join us in our continued pursuit of being Arizona’s largest Erosion Service provider.
At Veteran Erosion Services, we know the type of employees we want to hire. Our goals have always been to build professionals that will take the initiative to grow our business and themselves. What does growth look like to you? If that means a position at Veteran Erosion Services is a steppingstone for you, that is OK. Our goals include growing you too!
We believe our success is because of our people and want each our teammates to connect with our core values. Our philosophy is people over process. More specifically, we hire great people who work together as a team. With this approach, we believe we are more successful, more flexible, and more fun!
Our real values of our company are shown by who gets rewarded or who, unfortunately, who we must let go. The specific behaviors and skills we are about most are people, judgement, communication, impact, curiosity, innovation, courage, passion, and honesty.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best. What is special about Veteran Erosion Services is how much we:
· Encourage independent decision making.
· Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately.
· Are extraordinarily candid with each other.
· Keep only our highly effective and efficient employees.
· Believe in context and not control.
· Laid back, tight-knit, work family that has each other’s backs and look out for each other.
· Leadership that cares about the team and has their best interests at heart.
· A diverse team that makes for a fun working atmosphere, regardless if you’re introverted or extroverted.
· Believes in family first.
- Perform tasks involving physical labor for erosion work at new home building and commercial construction sites according to appropriate safety standards.
- Operate heavy dump truck to provide timely delivery and removal of track out rock and dirt to and from construction site entrances and perform minor job site cleanup duties.
- Load and unload trucks to haul materials and transport skid steers and backhoes to and from job sites.
- Perform installations and removals of concrete washouts.
- Maintain all required DOT and OSHA certifications and safety requirements.
- Follow the direction of foreman, operations leaders, and management, including working extended hours as required to complete daily assignments.
- Prepare to perform job assignments promptly at designated shift start times.
- Safely perform all daily tasks in accordance with company policies and safety regulations.
- Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, ensuring truck is clean, in good working order and materials are loaded properly.
- Report any vehicle, load, or safety concerns to supervisor while en-route.
- Maintain a professional appearance and driving manner, provide excellent customer service and work to resolve customer service issues at the time of delivery and/or escalate them to supervisory staff as needed.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions (heat).
- Frequent activity: standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching above shoulders, pushing, pulling, balancing.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Minimum three (2) years operating experience
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License and favorable driving record with reliable transportation and ability to be insured by our insurance company.
- Ability to maintain cooperative and positive working relationships and professionally communicate with teammates, customers and leaders in the course of all work-related activities.
- Regular, timely and predictable attendance is required.
- Applicant may be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed but may prevent you from being assigned to certain job sites.
- Pre-employment drug screens are required as a condition of employment.
Hourly pay will be dependent upon experience.
Veteran Erosion Services is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment, random, post-accident, and/or reasonable suspicion drug screens may be required as a condition of employment as a part of our Drug Abuse Free Workplace Policy.
Veteran Erosion Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including the decisions to hire, promote, discipline or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any status protected under federal, state or local law. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please submit a message to this posting.
Veteran Erosion Services does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of VES without a prior written search agreement executed and signed by VES owners or their designee(s) will be considered unsolicited and will become the property of Veteran Erosion Services.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
Veteran Erosion Services LLCWhy Work Here?
We want the BEST PEOPLE to create the BEST CULTURE to be the DRIVING FORCE behind our success.
Veteran Erosion Services is a certified service-disabled veteran owned and operated small business, and we need you to join us in our continued pursuit of being Arizona’s largest Erosion Service provider.
AddressEl Mirage, AZ
Transportation and Storage