Veteran Erosion Services is looking for motivated and reliable construction laborer in our Peoria location.
Applicants will be required to assist in moving silt fence material, straw bails and maintaining grounds daily of debris and sediment from new housing developments throughout the valley. Eligible applicants will be invited to interview Monday-Friday between 8am & 3pm. Employees will interact with the project managers and report to immediate supervisor and safety personnel to assure a safe working environment is maintained. Opportunities for advancement are available and highly encouraged to all employees. Our work schedule is Monday-Friday focused with plenty of overtime at time and a half.
- Assist in physical tasks wherever/whenever needed
- Have reliable transportation to meet at work yard for morning task assignments
- Ability to work well with other crew members
- Unloading and loading of material up to 50lbs to perform daily tasks.
- Stack fence rolls, metal posts, straw bails and other material as needed
- Assist in the placement of SWPPP material will consist of shoveling/trenching and pulling material across worksite
- Clean and maintain construction equipment appropriately
**Familiar with heavy equipment operation is a plus**
**Veterans are encouraged to apply**
- Willingness/ability to work outdoors daily
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Ability to work in high production environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ensures a high level of accuracy
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Pre-hire background check
Veteran Erosion Services is an EEO employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.