Vetco Relief Veterinarian
Unleash total career flexibility as an independent veterinary contractor with Vetco, a division of Petco, The Health + Wellness Company. We're on a mission to improve the lives of pets and pet parents. A vital part of our mission is making high-quality veterinary care more accessible to pets in your community.
Benefits of working with Vetco as A Relief Veterinarian
- Work as often as you want to supplement your income and pay down loans.
- Enjoy total career freedom + flexibility: Bid your own schedule, shifts and rates.
- No shift commitments required.
- No non-competes.
- No agency fees.
- No emergency on-call, late-night, or overnight shifts.
- Easy scheduling through our user-friendly app, VetPoint, which includes bid guidance and Reserve Now options.
- Appointment-based model helps manage traffic, gets you out the door on time.
- Trained, experienced staff manage operations, so you can focus on delivering the best care and patient experience possible.
- 15% Petco discount to help you spoil your pets.
- Monthly newsletter with policy and product updates, clinic news and doctor discounts.
- Regular opportunities to share your feedback so we can continuously improve your experience. Your voice matters!
What's the difference between Vetco Vaccination Clinics and Vetco Total Care Hospitals?
VETCO VACCINATION CLINICS offer wellness examinations, preventive vaccinations and medications, heartworm testing, and microchip insertion. No surgeries, emergencies, or sick visits. A trained staff runs operations, transactions and helps to safely restrain pets. Clinics are located inside Petco, many Lowes Home Improvement stores and other retail locations. Appointments help manage traffic, gets you out the door on time.
VETCO TOTAL CARE HOSPITAL relief shifts include preventive care, diagnostic workups, outpatient surgeries and dentals. Hospitals are equipped with digital patient records, surgical suite, Butterfly IQ+ handheld ultrasound imaging, digital and dental X-ray, Vetology Radiograph Interpretation AI, and on-site labs. Licensed and trained hospital staff. No overnights or emergency on-call. Appointment-based model helps manage traffic, gets you out the door on time.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine state license in good standing
- Appropriate state-specific licensing to perform all shift functions including ability to perform blood draws & administer vaccines
- DEA in good standing preferred for full-service Vetco Total Care hospital relief shifts
- Ability to provide Certification of Insurance (COI) + license defense policy
- Compliance with all local state and federal mandates
HOSPITAL & CLINIC LOCATIONS
Vetco Total Care hospitals and Vetco Clinics provide access to high-quality veterinary care in 48 states, with new locations opening soon. Ask us about hospitals and clinics near you.
Petco Veterinary Services State Overview
Send an email or schedule a call directly with one of our Talent Advisors to learn more!
Explore all open shift locations on the Vetco Clinic website.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Vetco ClinicsPortage, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.