Pet Stylist / Groomer
Vetco Clinics Manhattan, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
Pet Stylist (Dog Groomer)
Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world.Our vision might sound lofty, but we believe it's attainable when we obsess about providing complete care for our amazing pets. Our approach goes far beyond addressing our animals' basic needs to support their physical, mental, social, and emotional needs. By being sure we take all of these elements into consideration, we can help pet parents take the very best care of their pets.
Responsible to deliver customer service and grooming services to customer that align with our brand promise. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines and while individual judgement may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks: most questions are directed to either the Grooming Salon Manager or the General Manager. Position is responsible for the welfare of all live animals within the department. GSM will report to the General Manager and collaborate to drive the business.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- ProvidequickandcourteousservicetoallcustomersbyutilizingtheGUEST+modelinthe salon
- Interactprofessionallyandeffectivelythroughverbalandwrittencommunicationwithall professionalcontactswith emphasisoncompanyinterests
- Professionallyperformbasicgroomingservicesonanimalsasrequestedbycustomersandinaccordancewithcompanypolicyandprocedure,ensuringthesafetyandwell-beingofeach animal
- Performgroomingservicespercustomerinstructions,ensuringthesafetyandwell-beingof animals
MayprovideguidancetoGroomingAssistant(s)orotherPetStylistsApprentice(s)in department and
mayalsotest potentialapplicantsforgroomingproceduresandevaluateskillsand otherjobrelatedtasks.
- Position requiresbending,kneeling,lifting (upto30pounds,asnecessary)andstandingfor longperiodsoftime
- Alargeamountofthispartner'stimewillbe spentindirect contactwithour customersandtheirdogsandtheremainingtimewillbewiththePSA'sandother salonpartners
A qualified applicant to this position will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry, and either a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is preferred. In addition, the applicant must have completed the Pet Stylists Apprentice Program or a minimum of one year's experience grooming/ styling pets under the leadership of a professional groomer and must successfully complete a personal skills evaluation by a Petco Pet Stylist or Grooming Salon Manager.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AnimalView all jobs at Vetco Clinics