Veterinarian at Buckeystown Veterinary Hospital near Frederick, Maryland - Rehab Suite, Mentorship
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Small animal general practice exclusive
Small animal + canine rehabilitation (with coverage for certification courses)
Mixed animal (predominantly small)
Mixed animal (predominantly small) +canine rehabilitation (with coverage for certification courses)
Buckeystown Veterinary Hospital is surrounded by beautiful rolling farmland but is very close to Frederick/Baltimore and Washington D.C. Enjoy affordable land and outdoor activities with the option to experience big city amenities within a reasonable drive. The downtown Buckeystown area is charming and has several quality restaurants and shops.
Why consider a career with Buckeystown Veterinary Hospital?
Full and part-time options
Rehabilitation suite with underwater treadmill; rehab certification costs covered for veterinarians motivated to lead this service while also supporting the general practice
Quality management from strong and highly collaborative Medical Director and Practice Manager
Two RVTs and several motivated assistants.
Ability to truly practice the way you see fit + excellent compensation package for experienced veterinarians
Spacious, well-equipped facility with plenty of room to add additional equipment as needed!
New graduates are welcome; we also love hosting externs!
Quality mentorship opportunities from the 4 on-site Buckeystown DVMs and support locally and within the VetEvolve network (nearby sister hospital team is happy to participate and other great mentorship opportunities are available at network hospitals roughly 1 hr away)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Monthly bonus program with no negative accrual
- Comprehensive benefits package (401k with generous employer contributions paid vacation/sick time, health, dental, vision, liability, 401K, life & supplemental insurance, license and professional dues coverage)
- Continuing education allowance and full week of paid time off for continuing education + additional continuing education stipends for hands on wetlabs/courses
- Additional internal continuing education (including wellness focused) opportunities
- MentorVet, Veterinary Specialists on Demand, NOMV Lifeboat and several other support platforms available
- Relocation bonus
- Everything we do is about people, which is why our efforts focus on providing opportunity, stability, and development for our team members.
- Hear why our Veterinarians are "Happy Here" on our videos page
- We never lose sight of why our job is important — it empowers you and the team to deliver consistently high-quality care for pets and their owners.
- From ‘Lose the Stress' weekly yoga to our partnerships with Not One More Vet and Headspace, we invest in our team members' professional growth and mental wellbeing. Our CEO, Chief People Officer and several additional team members hold Compassion Fatigue Professional certifications.
- We live by our core values: Serve, Evolve, Trust
- “They allow me the freedom to practice as I see fit…We can make almost all of our main decisions ourselves, at the clinic level. Their up front focus on honesty and improving over time keeps surprising me each time they demonstrate it. Veterinary medicine is not always the prettiest, easiest, happiest, or most satisfying line of work as we all know, but I can't imagine doing it for any other group. VetEvolve has been able to retain a small feel over time, as it grows, which is huge for me.” - VetEvolve network DVM. Reach out to us to hear more from our veterinarians about how we strive to provide team members environments where they feel “Happy Here.”
- Industry leading veterinarian and support staff retention rates
- Repeat winner of Virginia's Best Places to Work (we are based in Virginia)
Doctor of Veterinary degree, or equivalent, from an AVMA accredited university upon hire
Current DEA License or obtained upon hire
Active Veterinary State License upon hire
Apply via our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
VetEvolve VA, LLCBuckeystown, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.